Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I trust Engadget more because Gizmodo is so biased in complete favor of the iPhone. I understand that the hardware may not be perfect but they try to tear everything down that isn't the iPhone. They exaggerate so much. "My thumb is the size of four keys making it impossible to type without using my fingernail! The Pre's design is DANGEROUS."

Oh please.
    I thought Walt Mossberg at WSJ.com had a good review. Fair, and not to biased.
    The Gizmodo review was definitely biased. I couldn't believe it when the reviewer complained that shutting off the media player app causes music to stop playing. LOL.

And I like how he complained that when stressing the multitasking and opening many apps at once that the Pre's media player might skip after you've passed the device's limits. Then he says "which we've never experienced once on the iPhone. Ever." Yeah, that's because the iPhone doesn't multitask, you tool!

And no one I know who has handled the Pre has noticed any propensity of the device to slice your hand open.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    The difference between the Gizmodo review and the Engadget review was like night and day.

The Engadget one was extremely thorough, plenty of pictures and even some useful videos. It was obvious that Engadget took the time and effort to a damn proper review.

Gizmodo on the other hand, seemed to throw the review together in one night. Granted it wasn't as bad as the BGR so called "review." Still, it almost seemed like Gizmodo already had their decision made before they got the phone, then wrote their review to agree with that.
  5. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Gizmodo likes WinMo, check their previous coverages.
    And they are the only one who said hardware is bad.

They will loose trust soon.
    Read the last section where they said G1/G2 are better than Pre !!!!!!
    Guy who wrote must be paid by either Google or APPLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpanwalking View Post
    Eh, thats one of the reasons I felt they kind of pulled their punches with this review. Not that I disagree with him because I loved the short time I had with it, but I am coming from a Razr V9 and the Pre will be my first smart phone so I don't really have a frame of reference when it comes to these things.
    Just saw this on twitter from Josh:

joshuatopolsky Apps I need for my Pre right now: IRC, SSH / terminal, Resident Evil. Let's go devs! Oh, visual voicemail would be nice too.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    Just saw this on twitter from Josh:

joshuatopolsky Apps I need for my Pre right now: IRC, SSH / terminal, Resident Evil. Let's go devs! Oh, visual voicemail would be nice too.
    So I take it that means the Pre has replaced the iphone as his personal phone of choice?
    So yeah, the dude from Engadget started as Gizmodo long ago ( I remember). They got bought, and the new owners sucked, so he moved on over to start fresh.... I've been with them since the start, and look how they've grown! Why? Because of the same reason Gizmodo USED to be good.... the people.
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    So yeah, the dude from Engadget started as Gizmodo long ago ( I remember). They got bought, and the new owners sucked, so he moved on over to start fresh.... I've been with them since the start, and look how they've grown! Why? Because of the same reason Gizmodo USED to be good.... the people.
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12