Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If Palm opens up the SDK, it would be cool to see Linux commands, bash and terminal app ported.

Would love to be able to do shell scripting on me phone. That would be heaven.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    One thing I hated with the POS community is that installing hacks was rampant. Then people would go around blaming Palm when crazy things happened on their Palm Devices like frequent crashes and data loss.
    +1

Yep a few years ago every other thread around here was a rant about how my Palm OS phone keeps crashing. It always turned out to be hacks and poorly written 3rd party software that caused it.

I'm fine with hacking but I just wish people would understand that it comes with a risk and its not Palm's fault if you brick your phone.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    If Palm opens up the SDK, it would be cool to see Linux commands, bash and terminal app ported.

Would love to be able to do shell scripting on me phone. That would be heaven.
    It'll probably be busybox rather than bash.

But any terminal access is good.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Yes, busybox would make WebOS a true power user phone.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Should we start placing bets as to when the Pre will get rooted? I vote by end of July.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc View Post
    Should we start placing bets as to when the Pre will get rooted? I vote by end of July.
    Oh ye of little faith.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    It'll probably be busybox rather than bash.

But any terminal access is good.
    Why would you say this? The WebOS obviously has far more than enough power to handle the real bash. Heck, if the iPhone can handle bash then the Pre can too!
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    You watch - someone will try to simply SSH into the phone and you'll be in there in no time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    According to Lisa Brewster from PreDevCamp San Diego, who is currently at the big Pre launch event tonight in California the core OS is not going to be locked down.

https://twitter.com/Adora/status/2025790237

"Unofficial convo with a palm engineer, they're not locking down the core OS under mojo. Linux hackers are gonna love this. "
    Hopefully this is true!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12