1. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
  2. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    They just pulled it off the AP wire. Same review.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    All the low marks seem to focus on the short battery life. Doesn't anyone else remember that the iPhone had crap a$$ battery life in version 1.0? It got better further down the line.

At least we can swap the battery out of the Pre with a backup. That should count for something.
    Also remember that there is the AIM battery bug (Didn't they have long enough to find a bug like that?) and some of the reviewers forgot to touch on that.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Also remember that there is the AIM battery bug (Didn't they have long enough to find a bug like that?) and some of the reviewers forgot to touch on that.
    It'll be interesting to find out if the AIM bug occurs only when the AIM client is configured and running (mine won't be), or regardless of configuration.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    It'll be interesting to find out if the AIM bug occurs only when the AIM client is configured and running (mine won't be), or regardless of configuration.
    I'm not sure why it would matter if the app is closed, but we'll see.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    It turns out there's a bug that drains the battery if your Google instant-messaging account is connected to your AOL Instant Messenger account. Palm says it will fix that. When I logged Google out of AIM, I got much longer life.
    Lol. does that make any kind of sense? When I logged google out of aim. Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by AdidasNYR View Post
    Lol. does that make any kind of sense? When I logged google out of aim. Lol.
    Google Talk (as in the actual Google website) has an option to connect to AIM. This makes it sound like the issue is if you have those connected on the website.