Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I currently have Free and Clear 500.
    + Unlimited Data
    + Unlimited messaging and 7pm night minutes.

Using my Corporate discount 23% I pay $48.00 Total w Taxes.

I understand I have to get the EVERYTHING DATA 450 $69.99.

My question is if my corporate discount will apply when I go and Renew at best buy when I purchase the phone.
    Should I renew with retentions and see if they can give me some money off for a few months?

I have been out of contract for 8 months, waiting of a phone like the Pre to come along. I am not planning of changing Sprint, can't beat the price.

How do I renew? Help me decide please, just a couple more days.
    I would get the plan you want at Best Buy, thena s soon as you get home, call Sprint and get them to re-apply your same corporate discount you have now. If you have it now, they should be able to add it to the Everything Data plan once you're on that, no sweat. My personal experience is that something like a discount will just confuse any teenager at Best Buy, so I would just get the standard plan, then get Sprint to adjust your discount on the phone.

At least that's my opinion.
    The discount *should* stay on your account with the plan change. If it doesn't, just call'em!
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Thanks guys, I been so loyal to sprint waiting for a phone like this. I don't mind giving an extra $5-$10. Because I am getting a lot more in return.

I heard there is a $70 ecare credit that can be given to your account? I constantly lose my signal at home, I blame my Treo 700p but We'll see if is the service once I get the PRE.

Should I retentions or ecare about my signal at home? Thanks
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gianny View Post
    Thanks guys, I been so loyal to sprint waiting for a phone like this. I don't mind giving an extra $5-$10. Because I am getting a lot more in return.

I heard there is a $70 ecare credit that can be given to your account? I constantly lose my signal at home, I blame my Treo 700p but We'll see if is the service once I get the PRE.

Should I retentions or ecare about my signal at home? Thanks
    Either one is fine, although you can get to retentions faster since it's over the phone. You should also ask for an airave. A lot of people have gotten the unit for free without a monthly charge.
    ^^For signals at home, I've heard that you can bring that up with Sprint (particularly retentions), and they'll often toss you a good discount towards the Airave, which has been said to dramatically improve at-home performance.

ETA: Yeah, what he said^
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I just finished talking to retentions. They didn't give me a service credit but they gave me a free AirRave with no monthly charges. Those 50 minutes I will loose in the new plan will be made up with the AirRave. I am satisfied
    ^Awesome! Glad it worked out for you.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gianny View Post
    My question is if my corporate discount will apply when I go and Renew at best buy when I purchase the phone.
    I have an employee discount on my account also that's about 4yrs old. I'm curious if the discount code automatically carries over to the new plan or if they make you prove employment.

I spoke with a sprint rep the day the Pre release date was officially announced and they said it carries over and I'll keep my bonus minutes (1250min). But they've gotten much more strict in the last few weeks. I guess I just don't trust these store employees and I just want to get our phones and never have to deal with Sprint for the next 2 years.
    Im in the SAME boat as this guy. I still have the Free and Clear 1000 as well.

So whats the best option? Add a NEW line of service for the everything data at 69, then cancel the old line and make sure the discount is applied to the new line.

We do have the option to return the phone if they DONT move the discount over.

What do you guys think?