1.    #1  
    The PC Mag review is in.

Palm Pre Feature Face-Off - Palm Pre (Sprint) - What About the Web and Multimedia? - Reviews by PC Magazine

One note of interest is that when the Pre is in mass storage mode, it will sync with Windows Media Player.

I wish the Pre supports WMA because all my music files are in the WMA format.
  2. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    I wish the Pre supports WMA because all my music files are in the WMA format.
    The solution should be self evident.
    The PC Mag review is in.

Palm Pre Feature Face-Off - Palm Pre (Sprint) - What About the Web and Multimedia? - Reviews by PC Magazine

One note of interest is that when the Pre is in mass storage mode, it will sync with Windows Media Player.

I wish the Pre supports WMA because all my music files are in the WMA format
    Why would you do that? Why not keep your music in mp3 format.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    Why would you do that? Why not keep your music in mp3 format.
    I only purchased one CD from Amazon three months ago and that CD is in MP3 format. For years I've been ripping actual CDs into Windows Media player using the WMA format.
    I only purchased one CD from Amazon three months ago and that CD is in MP3 format. For years I've been ripping actual CDs into Windows Media player using the WMA format.
    Yeah, but I think his point is why choose to use a proprietary codec like WMA as opposed to something that's much more open, like MP3. Even in Windows Media Player you can choose to rip to MP3.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    its true that WMP can rip MP3 an option I took advantage of before I started ripping songs years ago, but it sounds like he should be looking into a batch converter.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Yeah, but I think his point is why choose to use a proprietary codec like WMA as opposed to something that's much more open, like MP3. Even in Windows Media Player you can choose to rip to MP3.
    At the time, I made my decision based on which format had the best sound at the lowest bit rate (file size). Also, at that time I did not have a MP3 player or a smartphone. I only wanted to play my music on my Windows PC.