FLIMSY keyboard???? WHAT???. What are these reviewers expecting? A full desktop keyboard?
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I think the synopsis is pretty positive:

The long-awaited Palm Pre lives up to the hype with a responsive touchscreen and an engaging interface, but a few hardware design flaws keep it from being the perfect smartphone.
    I was going to call this a decent review (and not just because it's positive), until I read this:

Originally, Palm told us that users could tether the unit to a PC with a USB cable, and transfer files directly from the PC to the phone, which would be recognized as a mass storage device. Unfortunately, due to carrier limitations, this feature is not available on the Pre.
    Oh my, that's terrible. I mean, really bad coming from a computer publication.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I think the synopsis is pretty positive:

I was going to call this a decent review (and not just because it's positive), until I read this:

Oh my, that's terrible. I mean, really bad coming from a computer publication.

Well everyone thinks the iphone is the greatest thing since sliced bread and they said that the iphone can't tether either (because of AT&T) so it seems to be a moot point to me. I also don't like how they make it seem like it's suh a crappy battery life, but the iphone only gets 21 more minutes. What a crock!
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    FLIMSY keyboard???? WHAT???. What are these reviewers expecting? A full desktop keyboard?
    I'm assuming they're expecting a non-flimsy keyboard. Do you understand there might actually be legitimate gripes with the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by hopalee View Post
    Well everyone thinks the iphone is the greatest thing since sliced bread and they said that the iphone can't tether either (because of AT&T) so it seems to be a moot point to me. I also don't like how they make it seem like it's suh a crappy battery life, but the iphone only gets 21 more minutes. What a crock!
    Actually I think wynand32 meant the way the sentence was worded. It sounds like you can't transfer files reading that, but that can't be true.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!