Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    PALM PRE OVERLOAD!!! My Twitter just blew up!
    You forgot Precentral lol.

Nice with the synergy pun.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  3.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    You forgot Precentral lol.

Nice with the synergy pun.
    oh snap... good call. I'm going on over load with all these reviews and I almost forgot the most important one
  4. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    The conclusions of the reviewers range from "pretty awesome" to "sweet lord jesus fantastic". Good job Palm!
  5. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Strangely, BGR has yet to post an *actual* review of the device. Maybe palm didn't send 'em one.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    They're all Pre reviews so why not just write the site name rather than the article titles and all that stuff. It would make it easier to read.
    This one isn't worth mentioning, but here it is anyway:

Palm Pre: A Smartphone Not Quite Smart Enough - BusinessWeek

Though, I didn't expect anything different from Pre bashing after they posted the ridiculous article early today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    Strangely, BGR has yet to post an *actual* review of the device. Maybe palm didn't send 'em one.
    Maybe they didn't finish the review yet. According to the PalmInfoCenter Twitter, the NDA was supposed to end tomorrow, and the Wall Street Journal posted early so everyone else was then allowed to.
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    I know this is some effort, but it would be cool if they stickied this. There are a lot to add to your list here though.
  10.    #12  
    Sorry I'm working on keeping up. I appreciate everyone who added reviews to this thread. I have cleaned it up a bit and will try to update as much as I can. I do have work I'm going to try and get done today.

Thanks to @jhoff80 for the reviews I missed!
  11.    #13  
    BTW was anyone else really impressed with the depth of Precentral, Engadget, and Gizmodo's reviews? I mean these guys really did a bang up job. I was thoroughly impressed and I have to admit, I read them all religiously, but after last night, I have removed several blogs (not going to mention any names) from my frequently read tech blogs. There is something to be said for professionalism.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Maybe they didn't finish the review yet. According to the PalmInfoCenter Twitter, the NDA was supposed to end tomorrow, and the Wall Street Journal posted early so everyone else was then allowed to.
    Nope, it was clear that the reviewers NDA ended on June 4th. that was leaked some time ago.

These reviews were mostly written weeks ago and embargoed until today.
  13.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Professionalism? Obviously, each reviewer is talking to a different audience. If your audience is technophiles or people who think about smartphones every day then you can write a 10 page review. A reviewer for a major mass media publication like NY Times or WSJ needs to condense things into a page or two and move on. One has to wonder how many more people read NY Times or WSJ than Engadget. I'm guessing about 100X.

The reviews are good to great. However, are they run-out-and-buy-it-right-away great? Or, let's-wait-and-see great? There's a difference between admiring a new product and buying it as your daily smartphone.

The past 5 months or so has been Palm's time to shine based on promises and potential. What remains to be seen is whether Palm can catch up with two years of progress among the competition (or stagnation). New smartphone hardware and software is coming from Apple, RIM, Android, and MSFT the second half of 2009.
    What I meant by professionalism was not directed specifically at the length of each review. I was thoroughly disappointed in one of the early reviews. It was hyped up and didn't fully deliver. So it was directed more at the blogs than at the web-sites/newspapers of big news agencies. And I agree 100% that you have to write for your audience.
  14.    #16  
    I added some more reviews... some places I have never even heard of... Thanks BING
  15. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Nope, they still don't have one.
  16.    #19  
    Interesting there are two Palm Pre stories in Fortune on CNN money. One is more of a synopsis with links to other reviews. I have both up there now. Thanks
    Last edited by jayhay312; 06/04/2009 at 11:23 AM.
    being a little (okay alot), i wish these reviews came out on sunday
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast