Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Palm | Facebook

Just watched it, pretty neat.
    Neat, but not that impressive really. I mean, it looks really nice, but it just doesn't seem to be something that will catch on in the public.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    It didn't work for me. Too much of a disconnect between the voice and the visual.
    that commercial was a waste of time....seriously garbage....doesnt show anything interesting!
    Mike (FOOmanJEW) Jaret-Schachter
    Running With Scissors
    Producer
    www.runningwithscissors.com
    www.twitter.com/mikejaret
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    It didn't work for me. Too much of a disconnect between the voice and the visual.
    Took the words out of my mouth. Very beautiful, but doesn't make me want to go by the phone as much as the phone itself does.
    i mean i didnt hate it....but it aint gonna be gankin any business!
    Mike (FOOmanJEW) Jaret-Schachter
    Running With Scissors
    Producer
    www.runningwithscissors.com
    www.twitter.com/mikejaret
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I hate to say it, but it didn't do anything for me and I don't think it will for many others!

At least it was scenic - better than the stupid Claus commercials. I think some a person going through their day making use of its features would be better.

Palm got Apple hardware guys, now they need to snag up some of their Marketing/Advertising folks quick!
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    I loved it! It showed simplicity and fluidity
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
    Pac Man has entered the building (but I remember him being yellow)
    I see pandas.
    I liked it. Simple, calm, classy, and minimalist. In my opinion that is how you get taken seriously.
    yeah, its no good, on screen actions are nice, but the martial arts thing is just weird.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    You know, I think they'd create more intrigue if they aired the making-of videos instead of the actual commercial. I loved them, especially the one where you catch the woman with the phone at the end.
    Wrong choice of primary character. She lacked flow and had a couple of off facial expressions. Too many close-ups of the Shaolin making the overall concept difficult to grasp. I don't think this will garner much attention in Middle America.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    If they would digitize different color robes on the martial artists, I think it would have more visual intrigue for me. IMO, uniform orange was a scar on that beautiful landscape.
    You know, I love Palm, I've evangelized Palm, I've stuck by them ... purchased my first one in 1998 to organize my wedding. However, I am really beginning to question the way they are rolling out this product. Way too much build-up on Facebook diminished the impact the ad might have had, and it showed too little of the phone and what it can do for the user. I think about the ad's release on the mass market and ... I hope I'm wrong, but it almost feels like the Infiniti ad that took a lot of heat for barely showing the car. Like I say, I hope I'm wrong. I hope people like it more than I did.
    simple. very nice. i liked it!
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    pretty but completely underwhelming
    Looks like Palm wants to attract the exclusive mindset, not the mainstream. As long as they sell enough to survive and attract developers, works for me.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    I'm glad I resisted the temptation to buy Palm stock. I probably would have put in a sell order tonight. Maybe I'm just not part of the audience they're marketing to. (I'm a long-time Tai Chi practitioner with a love for martial arts, so I don't know how they missed me.)
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    I'm glad I resisted the temptation to buy Palm stock. I probably would have put in a sell order tonight. Maybe I'm just not part of the audience they're marketing to. (I'm a long-time Tai Chi practitioner with a love for martial arts, so I don't know how they missed me.)
    yeah it reminded me of a Celebrex or Metamucil commercial.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast