Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Terrible.

The iphone commercials are exactly what palm needs. They just show a phone with a guy doing something like reading the NYtimes, or using a valuable app. It's simple, but extremely effective at telling people exactly what the phone is capable of. No more artsy stuff palm...
    Not my cup of tea. I would rather if they put Roger up there.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I think alot of people missed the point of the commercial, -bringing everything together..Synergy. China was the ideal setting to imply 'flow'. They just set the tone for the functionality, now its up to your curiosity to seek the details.

Everyone (target audience) knows Palm. If they haven't been paying attention to them for the last few years, this will get them to investigate.

I thought it was well done, and you couldn't have done that scale of commercial any cheaper than in remote China.
    The commercial gave me goose bumps -- literally. I think it was a perfect "re-introduction" of Palm to the world. It will capture the attention of the casual viewer merely by the beauty and simplicity of the setting. I am sure more commercials and different kinds of commercials will surface later on that will delve more deeply into the functionality of the device.
    If you want to get people interested, you need to give them facts.

I bet simply mentioning 'WebOS' will have heads turning and people interested.

Reason BlackBerry Storm became so popular? 'First BlackBerry with TouchScreen' and they showed the phone being turned on. Showing people the touchscreen and it being used has gotten the Storm and iPhone a lot of customers I believe.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    You want obsessive coverage eh, well here it is: the latest Palm Pre ad just unveiled on Facebook. No smack-talk, no smarmy reference to the competition, just an impassioned plea that approaches gently upon the pads of kittens, gazes in your direction, and then walks away. If we didn't know better, we'd guess that Pre was a new brand of feminine deodorant. Give it a whiff after the break.

Video: Latest Palm Pre ad makes poppies seem brutish
    It's growing on me!
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    I do like the music and the opening scene.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    i thought it was a little effeminate. along with the tinkerbell default ringer, i have to wonder.
    Maybe this has been said by now (I'm only half-way through the thread) but the "soft" nature of this speaks to the hints we've seen and heard (from Spralm) that this device is female friendly.

It certainly underwhelmed me, but what I'd want or expect is probably very different from what most people (especially those who haven't spent years combing these forums) might respond to.

A soft touch differentiates this 'Pre' from the flashier, but less robust device out there. It does show some of the device's cooler features, but it kinda felt like a primer.

It was making "us" receptive to things to come - especially the "pink" among us.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvpsanto View Post
    i think this comercial was good its original i never seen a comercial like this one for a phone
    Clearly, the 2008 Olympics made a big impression on Palm.
    I showed some of my non tech friends and they liked it.

Take that however you would like haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    I think it gave them facts without hitting them over the head with it.

And, to a degree, that's a good thing because a lot of that "fat middle" probably shuns the "list o' facts" that might win over someone like you or me. Winning over people who are NOT tech heads will get more bodies in the stores. Whether they're the RIGHT heads might be another story.

I bet simply mentioning 'WebOS' will have heads turning and people interested.
    That's gonna make most folks' eyes glaze over. Most folks who care about "WebOS" probably already have heard of it. The rest of the world is mostly made up of people who just want the thing to work - and they hardly care how it works or what you call it.

Oh and they want some style and fun, too.
    I like the commercial myself. Maybe not the best marketing ad but a great intro into what Palm feels is synergy and a simple but great product. Roger does need to do some commercials now though.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9 Inch Pre Niss View Post
    Terrible.

The iphone commercials are exactly what palm needs. They just show a phone with a guy doing something like reading the NYtimes, or using a valuable app. It's simple, but extremely effective at telling people exactly what the phone is capable of. No more artsy stuff palm...
    So you wanted just a copy cat commercial?

The best thing of this commercial in my opinion is it literally, as they say, is a relaunch of Palm.

If one thing this phone will do, is grab someones attention.
    I thought it was a great commercial and perfectly tailored to the core Pre market.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I couldn't disagree more! If you want to get people interested, you need to speak to their subconscious and lead their imagination.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234