Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Reminded me of one of those Mazda ads or whatever the ones that would go "zoom zoom"
    Palm needs 3 sets of ad campaigns...

- Artsy/Implicit: like this for Bravo channel, Salon and Maxim magazines.
    - Practical/Explicit: techie demos for the Discovery/History channels and tech blogs
    - Fun Pop Art/Mindless: for the broadcast channels, MTV and E! (when they hit mass production)
    Last edited by xenophonite; 06/03/2009 at 10:29 PM.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    I think the ad was very good...it seems there will be more with the same general theme, and hopefully showing more of how the Pre fits in to your day to day activities.

This ad is meant to make folks want to know more about it...to perhaps make it a water cooler topic. It's certainly not any less off-beat than the majority of super-bowl ads. Many of the greatest ads don't tell you much about the actual product or service at all, they are just branding ads to get the product name in your head. This might accomplish that.

Note that this isn't a Sprint ad..so maybe Sprint has another ad concept to show us highlighting the Now network
    I sort of expected something like that, but not necessarily THAT. Yep it was a little too tame. Hopefully, they will go cutting edge with the Now Network next....

But, are they trying to make the Pre a girly phone?? Second time this has come up now.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Needs more cowbell....
    Awesome and beautiful. It's the feeling of simple grace and powerful control. Shows just enough to say “cool, I want to know more”. Perfect.
    It had simplicity & elegance as the theme, relayed a message that the phone is meant for all aspects of life - family, work, play (and it had a female lead character/voice). It helped introduce its basic premise, as probably intended. I would assume that future ads will grow on each of these ideas. I liked it.
    i thought it was a little effeminate. along with the tinkerbell default ringer, i have to wonder.
    Actually I think it is a great introductory ad. Remember, Palm and Sprint don't want millions to flock at one short period of time because they will not have that many available. This is a GREAT intro ad, not necessarily one that will/should continue though.

It does get it into public view though and in an interesting way.
    Excellent ad. It is the first of many. It sets the stage.
    I am not a fan of the woman's voice. Not as bad as the "Meet Pre" one though.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by kilword View Post
    Needs more cowbell....
    Damn!! Beat me to it!
    I like it but it could focus on features more. It definitely had an epic feel.
    The new, longer Behind the Scenes video describes some of the messages they want to convey. I hope future ads have less zen and more message.
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    I hope future ads have less zen and more message.
    Like the girl taking a hammer and smashing an iPhone to pieces and then saying: Palm Pre, smashing the competition?
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    Palm needs 3 sets of ad campaigns...

- Artsy/Implicit: like this for Bravo channel, Salon and Maxim magazines.
    - Practical/Explicit: techie demos for the Discovery/History channels and tech blogs
    - Fun Pop Art/Mindless: for the broadcast channels, MTV and E! (when they hit mass production)

Completely agree with you. They need to target multiple consumer veins, not a single one. There is no way this phone will get far with just this current core community of followers. I'm all for this phone and I really want to see it succeed, but Palm needs to shape up if they are going to do it.

On another note: did anyone catch the touchstone reference? Also the track title & artist here Palm Pre Commercial Debuts On Facebook In All Of It’s M83 Epicness | Pre Insiders
    I found the commercial very underwhelming, and even borderline disturbing. It missed the mark in terms of showcasing what makes it different than the iPhone, and missed the mark on what made the iPhone ads unique (they show the actual device, well simulated, doing things. Why not throw some of the meet pre vids on TV?).
    Palm III -> Visor Prism -> Dell Axim X30 Hi -> HTC Apache -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch Pro

Ev-Do Rev. A Tethered on my TP:
    I like it. Especially good if it's just the first of a series of commercials:
    - A first commercial to pique interest.
    - Follow on commercials to highlight various elements of the phone.

It get's the name out there and it says, "this is something different."
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    ...if it's just the first of a series of commercials...
    That's exactly what it better be if it's going to pull Palm out of the mud!
  20. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    i thought it was a little effeminate. along with the tinkerbell default ringer, i have to wonder.
    It's okay. We're all a little gay for the Palm Pre.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast