1.    #1  
    See a review in the Australian press today

Palm Pre beats the iPhone: first review

Palm Pre beats the iPhone: first review - Reviews - Mobiles & Handhelds

BATTERY LIFE?

"When I first got the Pre, I was dismayed by its battery life. I got less than 24 hours of light use out of it, and it would lose nearly a third of its charge if left inactive overnight.

It turns out there's a bug that drains the battery if your Google instant-messaging account is connected to your AOL Instant Messenger account. Palm says it will fix that. When I logged Google out of AIM, I got much longer life.

I extended battery life even further by setting the Pre to receive my personal email instantly rather than checking every 15 minutes. That's counterintuitive - usually getting the email automatically "pushed" to a device consumes more power.

I ended up with nearly two days of battery life, which I think is acceptable for a hardworking smart phone. But it would be great if Palm made it easier to manage power consumption."
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

I'm sure they are just reviewing the US unit, and it wasn't done in Australia. Could be just that they played with it at CTIA or MWC, then released the review now.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    If you look at the veeeeeery end of the article it's stamped "AP". I think this came from the wire--it's in an Aussie paper, but I think it was an American reviewer....so, maybe not GSM yet.
    Good news on the battery life though. Pushing two days for a multi-tasking phone isn't bad at all.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Just to confirm, here is the same review in the Houston Chronicle--it's off the wire, it seems

EDIT: Guess I'm not allowed to post links here yet.