1.    #1  
    Palm Pre Review - SlashGear
    Palm ship the Pre with its 1,150mAh battery, an AC adapter, stereo headset, microUSB sync cable and carry pouch.
    Palm are yet to put a hard number on how many cards can be open at once - they say it’s a function of individual memory use more than anything - but we had in excess of 9 to 12 open with no problems.
    Audio quality in-call is good too, in fact the Pre delivered some of the best voice performance we’ve experienced on a cellphone
    nice unboxing
    good keyboards compare pics in that one.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I have an iPhone so I'm used to a virtual keyboard, but I went to Best Buy the other day (hoping to find a Pre to try out) and tried out the keyboards on the Treo Pro and the Centro. I thought the Treo Pro's keyboard was awful, but I really liked the Centro. It gave a good click but the keys were still soft. If the Pre's keyboard is like the Centro's, I'm pretty sure I could adapt fairly quickly and will be less concerned about a speed drop-off from my iPhone to a physical keyboard.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    To me all the reviews are pretty much similar, the pre isn't a iphone killer, and not worthy enough to switch to Sprint, but the future looks promising. Blah blah blah, I Volunteer myself as a guinea pig.
    Ironically, the reviews that have been the best so far have been out of Engadget and Giz (despite their gripes on the hardware). Intriguing.

The mainstream media seems fixated with apple devices and forgets that they're comparing an app ecosystem which is 2 years old with something which has only had limited at best exposure to most developers. Totally fair and objective of them, right?
    Palm III -> Visor Prism -> Dell Axim X30 Hi -> HTC Apache -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch Pro

Ev-Do Rev. A Tethered on my TP:
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdtalker View Post
    Ironically, the reviews that have been the best so far have been out of Engadget and Giz (despite their gripes on the hardware). Intriguing.

The mainstream media seems fixated with apple devices and forgets that they're comparing an app ecosystem which is 2 years old with something which has only had limited at best exposure to most developers. Totally fair and objective of them, right?
    What do you mean by this: "they're comparing an app ecosystem which is 2 years old with something which has only had limited at best exposure to most developers"?

I didn't read any application comparisons to the iPhone. Exposure to developers? Do you mean the ones at Palm or third-party?
    Quote Originally Posted by dsjr2006 View Post
    What do you mean by this: "they're comparing an app ecosystem which is 2 years old with something which has only had limited at best exposure to most developers"?
    Palm's app store = new (not many apps)
    iPhone app store = been out for a while (lots of apps)

I didn't read any application comparisons to the iPhone.
    Not this specific review, however a number of MSM reviews are noting that there aren't as many apps, and highlighting it. Well, that's the nature of a new product, isn't it?

Exposure to developers? Do you mean the ones at Palm or third-party?
    Obviously third party, since ostensibly Palm developed the SDK and has... well.. used it.
    Palm III -> Visor Prism -> Dell Axim X30 Hi -> HTC Apache -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch Pro

Ev-Do Rev. A Tethered on my TP:
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdtalker View Post
    Palm's app store = new (not many apps)
    iPhone app store = been out for a while (lots of apps)

Not this specific review, however a number of MSM reviews are noting that there aren't as many apps, and highlighting it. Well, that's the nature of a new product, isn't it?

Obviously third party, since ostensibly Palm developed the SDK and has... well.. used it.
    That makes much more since. I thought you were referring to the comments reviewers made about webOS itself, that's why it didn't make any since to me. I'm tired. I think you should consider that most of the reviews only really gave a one-liner regarding the status of their App Store so they are mostly pretty fair since they really weren't given much information beyond what they saw on the device about what will be available on launch day and in coming weeks for third-party devs.
    That's a great pic showing the difference between the Pre's and Centro's keyboard. I'm now much more confident in my ability to get used to its keyboard.
    Yep, going from a Centro to the Pre will be great for us. It looks to be much more spaced out than the Centro's.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    i'm getting 2 pres in the morning and can't wait!!
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute