1.    #1  
    So I was in the store today playing with the Pre, i asked the guy if I can take an esn and try to do a self swap online to see if it works with my plan, he was cool with it, I have a free and clear unlimited with data pack and free text...

Surely enough online it told me that it requires plan change, so I am confident now this is NOT something is just SAYING to get people to change, its official in the system, cause before I had my doubts that they are maybe just saying it n once you come home you can put it on any other plan with data....not the case...I have had my plan forever I love it I have 5 lines on it....any suggestions???

this is my other thread from today
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...an-10-fml.html
    Sprint did the same thing with the instinct. You have to have an everything plan, doubt you'll get around that.
  3.    #3  
    ya but with the instinct even today FOR SURE you can call and have visual voicemail disabled and it works on older plans I know this cause my friend has it working on this....After playing with the PRE i saw NOTHING on it feature wise that required the new plan...Instinct only requires it cause visual voicemail since it uses data not minutes...
  4.    #4  
    this is not a sero debate or anything crazy but I do believe its rediculous to require all my lines to have data when all of them dont want it or need it....Id be more than happy to pay $15-30 extra a month to have the data pack required for older customers to make this phone work, why should I have to give up my older minutes or in my case unlmited mins plan?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    i think your screwed
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    this is not a sero debate or anything crazy but I do believe its rediculous to require all my lines to have data when all of them dont want it or need it....Id be more than happy to pay $15-30 extra a month to have the data pack required for older customers to make this phone work, why should I have to give up my older minutes or in my case unlmited mins plan?
    This is my problem as well. I have 2 lines that need all the features, then 3 others that just do voice.

Even if I was willing to give up on some of the attributes my plan has ($.05 overage for example) I would get slapped for $20 for each of those 3 lines.
  7.    #7  
    Engadget

that side note on PRO pack makes me think maybe I can work something out and makes me wonder WHY dont they allow existing customers who want to keep their plan to add the pack?
    How far in the activation did you get before it said you needed to change plans?