Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39
  1.    #1  
    check it out here
  2. #2  
    DAMN! The touchstone is TINY.

    HAHA 41 reviews already...no point in reading those...probably fanboys of various parties.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  3. fry8's Avatar
    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    #3  
    I think they were overly harsh about the phone. 7.3 is pretty crappy.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by fry8 View Post
    I think they were overly harsh about the phone. 7.3 is pretty crappy.
    CNet is ALWAYS harsh with numbers. Nothing new here...
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  5. #5  
    what's up with the Trojan2Go ad?????????? neat product though....never heard of it before........i'll have to pick a package up.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    what's up with the Trojan2Go ad?????????? neat product though....never heard of it before........i'll have to pick a package up.
    I was wondering the same thing. I guess that is where the Pre is marketed towards LOL.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  7. notabun's Avatar
    Posts
    225 Posts
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    #7  
    God, I hate Bonnie Cha's reviews. It seems like she gives every phone 3.5/5 stars.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by notabun View Post
    God, I hate Bonnie Cha's reviews. It seems like she gives every phone 3.5/5 stars.
    It's not just her, all the CNet reviews are unfair. I have never seen a high 9 or 10 except on Apple stuff.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  9. fry8's Avatar
    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    #9  
    Something that I am annoyed by with reviewers is that they always like to say that it has an unproven app store or 3rd party software. Well any new phone is going to have that so by that logic nothing can beat the almighty iphone. They also say sometimes it can be sluggish. Ok run 6 apps on the iphone. Run it on the g1 or g2, this is not a valid argument.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by fry8 View Post
    I think they were overly harsh about the phone. 7.3 is pretty crappy.
    Should have got at least an 8.0 for performance. It does multitasking and loads web pages faster then the iPhone (per Engadget's test).

    Anyone get the feeling that Reviewers are reluctant to admit ANY phone is capable of being better then the iPhone. Maybe it has to do with so many phones have tried and failed making reviewers gun shy?
  11. notabun's Avatar
    Posts
    225 Posts
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Should have got at least an 8.0 for performance. It does multitasking and loads web pages faster then the iPhone (per Engadget's test).

    Anyone get the feeling that Reviewers are reluctant to admit ANY phone is capable of being better then the iPhone. Maybe it has to do with so many phones have tried and failed making reviewers gun shy?
    This could have something to do with it. Also, maybe some reviewers are looking for a phone just like the iPhone, but improved, when they can overlook something different that is also improved.
  12. Xyg
    Xyg is offline
    Xyg's Avatar
    Posts
    1,104 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #12  
    They aren't as enthusiastic as I thought they would be.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    They aren't as enthusiastic as I thought they would be.
    Yeah, if I get one on Saturday, I will probably faint when I hold it lol. I would of had to post my review tomorrow.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Should have got at least an 8.0 for performance. It does multitasking and loads web pages faster then the iPhone (per Engadget's test).

    Anyone get the feeling that Reviewers are reluctant to admit ANY phone is capable of being better then the iPhone. Maybe it has to do with so many phones have tried and failed making reviewers gun shy?
    well, im concerned about the lag she mentioned when opening apps
    thought that was going to be a thing of the past... Claimed she wouldnt recommend it to users who need a high performance phone? wow.
    The keyboard has me worried too. i can deal without the expansion slot, but the keyboard is critical
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    They aren't as enthusiastic as I thought they would be.
    no kidding
  16. Xyg
    Xyg is offline
    Xyg's Avatar
    Posts
    1,104 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    well, im concerned about the lag she mentioned when opening apps
    thought that was going to be a thing of the past... Claimed she wouldnt recommend it to users who need a high performance phone? wow.
    The keyboard has me worried too. i can deal without the expansion slot, but the keyboard is critical
    Looks to be on par with the lag on any of the other "flagship" devices...
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    Looks to be on par with the lag on any of the other "flagship" devices...
    Have they compared it to the iphone and blackberry in this way? i just dont want the treo 700p type lag to have to suffer with
  18. Mikest's Avatar
    Posts
    429 Posts
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    #18  
    they put "no flash support" in the Bad section. Are there that many smart phones that support flash now?
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    they put "no flash support" in the Bad section. Are there that many smart phones that support flash now?
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I think WinMo is the only one...
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    well, im concerned about the lag she mentioned when opening apps
    thought that was going to be a thing of the past... Claimed she wouldnt recommend it to users who need a high performance phone? wow.
    The keyboard has me worried too. i can deal without the expansion slot, but the keyboard is critical
    But what WOULD she recommend?? That one makes no sense. The iPhone's battery is no better - and I will live with a bit of lag if I can open more than one app at a time. She likes RIM I guess.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions