Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Disappointing that CNET didn't give it a higher score, but inherently suspect. Are they beholden to Apple? Or have I had too much wine tonight?
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    But what WOULD she recommend?? That one makes no sense. The iPhone's battery is no better - and I will live with a bit of lag if I can open more than one app at a time. She likes RIM I guess.

Yeah, exactly. Id like to know what SHE`D recommend to users needing high performance devices. I assume she`d probably say a blackberry because of a more substantial keyboard. The battery life is probably on par with the iphone, and if so, thats fine with me.

The keyboard and lag are the only things I wish palm had made an improvements on. Coming from the 755p, I am very accustomed to the kb experience, so I really hope I can find the pre`s comfortable. The rest about the phone is sweet
    Quote Originally Posted by kmod View Post
    Are they beholden to Apple? Or have I had too much wine tonight?
    Who isn't? Not many people like to Think Different.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    She likes Blackberries it seems. She's always saying how she needs the full QWERTY keyboard and I'm certain she said(or implied) she uses Blackberries on a regular basis.

I think in one video, not for reviews, but for their online broadcasts, she had a personal Blackberry she showed off.

Quote Originally Posted by notabun View Post
    God, I hate Bonnie Cha's reviews. It seems like she gives every phone 3.5/5 stars.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by notabun View Post
    God, I hate Bonnie Cha's reviews. It seems like she gives every phone 3.5/5 stars.
    that b*tch is clueless, "not a high performance device", give me a break...lol..her reviews are worthless. just sayin.
    Calling her a "B" is unnecessary though.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Honestly I think Lord Steve "the hand" Jobs got a hold of cbs and told them high number on the palm pre review = less ad $$$$ for Cnet. How can a site that gave the Palm Pre the best of show A+ at CES in Vegas now crack back with what amounts to C grade review? There isnt any radical change to the OS, keyboard from the working models all the cell phone editors had in vegas (including ms cha cha and mysteriously she gave a nice blog post week ago while she most likely was creating this review WTF?) Obviously she been force back to the pro apple party line. What crap
    I get leery when I see people put things in the "bad" category that I think is a positive.

"No on-screen keyboard" Giant +

Things like Bluetooth AD2P, that Palm has had since the Treo 600. Get little to no attention. It boggles my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjolsonmcse View Post
    Things like Bluetooth AD2P, that Palm has had since the Treo 600. Get little to no attention. It boggles my mind.
    Uh.. what? The Treo 600 didn't even have Bluetooth. And Garnet (aka Palm OS) needed a third-party program for A2DP that took years before it was stable enough to use without issue.
    I saw the video review and I didn't think it was bashing the Pre. She was praising it for much of the video review.

Also the average comes up "very good", that's not really a low point review.

I'll be reading the text review next.

Quote Originally Posted by tjolsonmcse View Post
    I get leery when I see people put things in the "bad" category that I think is a positive.

"No on-screen keyboard" Giant +

But her point about not being able to enter text in landscape mode may be the reason it's a "-" in her eyes.

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Are you kidding me?

No flash support is a negative? What smartphone actually supports flash natively?

No on-screen keyboard a negative? Then maybe the hardware keyboard should be a positive.

Do they really expect a 1.0 device to launch with a huge app catalog? That's like a video game console launching with 200 games. These people are clueless.

I'll stick with Engadget, which has always where I go for gadget news/reviews anyway.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    I thought higher end Nokias had Flash Lite.

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I thought higher end Nokias had Flash Lite.
    flash lite is hardly flash at all. everything seems to require flash 9 nowadays.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    How many apps did apple's store have at launch.....oh wait, there wasn't one!
    Apple iPhone 3G - 16GB, black (AT&T) Smartphone reviews - CNET Reviews

8.3 for Iphone 3G

8.0 for features - what like no Cut'n' paste or limited MMS. Geez they are fanboys.
    Sorry, I guess that was too many phones and beers ago. It was third party software for the AD2P.
    sweeet, thanks for sharing!
    Quote Originally Posted by curiousobserver View Post
    How many apps did apple's store have at launch.....oh wait, there wasn't one!
    Exactly. Its like a mantra. For the most part, the reviews have been good, but every time I see a review that mentions the lack of apps in the app store as a '-' I scroll past that part.

As one poster mentioned, knocking the Pre for not having 1000s of apps on launch day is like knocking the Xbox 360 for not have 300 games when it launched. Its just dumb and makes no sense. Talk to me in 6 months about what the app store looks like.

And when they undoubtly mention the size of the keyboard I want to bang my head against the wall. How big do you expect the keyboard to be in a device that small! You know the keyboard is small from the jump, so why are you saying ish like the keys could have been spaced apart better or they're not as big as keys on Blackberries. Really! Some of these reviewers are just strange.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12