Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Solid review. I'm drowsy as heck, but I couldn't allow myself to stop reading.

Now I hear that Dieter and others have reviews up that I didn't know about. No rest for the geeky.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want this phone. That is all.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    I was surprised at his take on the Touchstone. I think it is one of the features that makes me want the phone (I am at a desk a lot during the day and my cell is my primary phone).
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    This is a simply amazing homerun review coming from Engadget. Seriously. I'm thoroughly impressed with the quality and depth of the review, and the videos.

Even more impressive (and more important to me personally) is how the Pre bests the iPhone handily at loading engadget.com.

I came a little bit.
    Palm III -> Visor Prism -> Dell Axim X30 Hi -> HTC Apache -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch Pro

Ev-Do Rev. A Tethered on my TP:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    what? please repeat in English.
    Apparently, dialing by name from the keyboard is not default out-of-the-box. Dieter said you can, but you must make a preference change.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Awesome.

But is anyone concerned about that mention of the little piece busting off. Scared me a little.
    Excellent Review!!!!.....

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    only thing missing is battery life...hopefully they post an update.. or we'll all have to see for ourselves Sat
    Top notch review.....my hats off to Engadget.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Here's a really curious quote from the review (from this page):

Built atop WebKit (just as Apple's Mobile Safari), the webOS browser displays pages almost exactly as the iPhone does, though due to the fact that Palm is implementing a lot of hiding icons and app controls, it actually feels like you're seeing more content despite the smaller display.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    Here's a really curious quote from the review (from this page):
    It's not curious at all. Apple has a toolbar at the bottom, and an address bar at the top that give you less resolution to actually see the page in. The Pre therefore shows you slightly more of the page at a time, even though the screen is smaller.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    what? please repeat in English.
    It wasn't that hard to understand.

Engadget said they were frustrated that you could not type contacts with the phone app active.

Dieter said you can, but it's something you have to turn on.

Engadget obviously did not know that when they knocked the Pre for it. So they should amend their review to say so.

Clear enough? I could probably make a powerpoint if not....
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Excellent review. Phenomenal photos - the best out there by far!
    excellent review ---I am concerned about the email platform.

I wonder if multiple gmail accounts can be pushed? and how will my AOL IMAP email work?? Will it push like gmail?

I currently have 5 email accounts on my 755P, mixture of gmail and AOL, and they are all pushing....

Also, I need a way to move emails to different IMAP folders

edit: just saw this great video by Dieter, my answers are yes it will:

http://www.precentral.net/palm-pre-email-overview-video
    Last edited by trim81; 06/04/2009 at 12:49 AM.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Best Review..It's so comprehensive and thorough, It's really THE review as it takes into account EVERYTHING, network, costs, price plans etc. Bravo.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Best Review..It's so comprehensive and thorough, It's really THE review as it takes into account EVERYTHING, network, costs, price plans etc. Bravo.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Quick question can the Pre take a screen shot of the screen?
    Yes. Hold the Orange, Sym, and P key simultaneously.

Great review, pics and videos.
    I wish they would have demonstrated the advanced gestures of next and previous apps.
    Seems a bit confusing in the user guide that the previous gesture is a full swipe to the right and the next gesture is a full swipe to the left. In my mind, swiping right (forward) should be next app and swiping left (back) should be previous app.
    Last edited by NachoB; 06/04/2009 at 09:06 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    It wasn't that hard to understand.

Engadget said they were frustrated that you could not type contacts with the phone app active.

Dieter said you can, but it's something you have to turn on.

Engadget obviously did not know that when they knocked the Pre for it. So they should amend their review to say so.

Clear enough? I could probably make a powerpoint if not....
    Sorry. I was confused, as well.

(But clearly, somebody got it.)
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    But, but engadget are such iPhone fanboys!!!! How could they make an unbiased review!!!!

It was a good review. I hope Palm take to heart some of the suggestions the reviewers seem to be consistently making.

Search in email. Please!
    More control over Synergy. Please!
    etc etc
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    But, but engadget are such iPhone fanboys!!!! How could they make an unbiased review!!!!

It was a good review. I hope Palm take to heart some of the suggestions the reviewers seem to be consistently making.

Search in email. Please!
    More control over Synergy. Please!
    etc etc
    I find the people on the site to be the fanboys while the writers are pretty objective. Not only do we want search in email but real universal search.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast