Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Yeah, and I hate to say it... but I think Engadget even did a slightly better review than Dieter here. Don't get me wrong, his is great too, but I think the Engadget one is slightly better.

Haven't watched any of the videos yet though.
    good review.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    This was a well balanced review that adequately addressed areas where they think the Pre could stand some improvement, and it's strengths. I'm really excited about this phone, and can't wait to get one.
    BTW - IMO, that "small give" they talk about as well as Gizmodo when sliding the keyboard out is probably very similar to the Touch Pro - when closed or as you open it, the TP can have quite a bit of side-to-side "give". Frankly, I got used to that really quick. Not a big deal, IMO.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Very detailed and non biased review. Looks like the pre doesn't disappoint.
    Very detailed and very thorough. Best review out there!
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Wow - BGR, THAT is how you do a review! Completely unbiased. Praises it AND doesn't shy away from where improvements can be made. Good job Engadget!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    too many reviews out at once. i can't read them all. too much information. too repetitive. like drinking out of a fire hose.
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Exactly... now THAT is a review. Very comprehensive.
    Very very good review. Very fair.

And it's a very interesting contrast to the others in the way they compared carriers and showed just how much you save on sprint. And they (unlike pogue) felt Sprint was a great carrier and gave a great experience.
    Quick question can the Pre take a screen shot of the screen?
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    This is the best review of any of them so far. If you're only going to read one, read this.
    agreed....
    It's interesting to note that one of his biggest complaints; that you could not use the QWERTY while in the phone app can actually be turned on, as noted in Dieters review. He'll have to amend his review.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    It's interesting to note that one of his biggest complaints; that you could not use the QWERTY while in the phone app can actually be turned on, as noted in Dieters review. He'll have to amend his review.
    what? please repeat in English.
  15. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    Engadget, 1 word-Great Job, great review! Making me want one for sure
    Great Job is two words.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    This is the best review of any of them so far. If you're only going to read one, read this.
    Agreed. WSJ/Mossberg's review, and the one from Pogue and Gizmodo are amateurish compared to this one.

That could all use this as an example. The videos showing some of the finer points are really well done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    too many reviews out at once. i can't read them all. too much information. too repetitive. like drinking out of a fire hose.
    Yeah my brain has just exploded with the 7:30 rush. Mostly known stuff...now the 2 day wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    He also wrote the touchstone at $80, it is $69.99, well I guess $80 with tax...
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Now THIS is why I read engadget more than any website. THIS is how you write a review (hear that BGR???). Very non biased, great review.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I am a little disappointed he didnt try to cut cheese with it. Clearly he didnt test the phone to its limits.
    Now that is what I call a review...you hear that techie bloggers, wesites.etc..take some notesfrom engadget on a thorough, greatly laid out review...GREAT JOB ENGADGET!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast