Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    More positive than negative review! Not bad at all!
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    The guy must have monster hands in which he likes to squeeze using his thumb joints to hold the phone in place while he fat finger types with his thumbs rolled upwards.
    it cuts cheese!?!?!? WTF? LOL That's the funniest thing I've ever seen.

One more plus
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    This is the most balanced review yet.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    In all seriousness, I think Giz really wanted to like the phone. If they think after extended use that it was sharp and cheap, then maybe it is. I will say though, that it didn't seem that way to me when I used it, but that was only for about 15-20 minutes- not for a week or so.
    I'm a bit concern about how sharp the Pre is. I hope it doesn't get recall before this Saturday or we are gonna have to cry a river...
    i like the sharp edge! doubles as a self defense weapon/survival tool!!! along with the mirror you can defend yourself, kill, butcher, and cook meat if you ever get stranded!!!
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBC View Post
    This is the most balanced review yet.
    I take it back, the Engadget review is much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by pre-me View Post
    it cuts cheese ... And i'm not talking about the fart app.
    rotflmao
    I am not even reading this one. I know it's going to be BS.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I want my OWN pre to review!!
  12. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Not the most in-depth review.

Can anyone tell me what kind of cheese that is? I'd wager that it's smoked cheddar.
    There is no way in hell this hardware could be worse than a G1. I've had my G1 for six months and it's already falling apart...
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Gizmo says multitouch is fantastic and gives edge to Palm in this respect. That's promising.

Other than that, review appears to have been written by a 12-yr old bored with his iPhone. Next.
    Gizmodo's review isn't perfect, and the rant about build quality is a bit overly pedantic, but what sticks out in my mind is this:

I'm bored of the iPhone. The core functionality and design have remained the same for the last two years, and since 3.0 is just more of the same, and—barring some kind of June surprise—that's another year of the same old icons and swiping and pinching. It's time for something different. The Pre may have hardware that's worse than the G1/G2, but the whole package—the software and the hardware—isn't bad. It's good. It's different. That's something we can get behind. I can't wait to see what Palm gets dealt in their next hand.
    Wow. Just wow. That means a LOT coming from gizmodo and makes it a very positive review in my books, especially for giz.
    Palm III -> Visor Prism -> Dell Axim X30 Hi -> HTC Apache -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch Pro

Ev-Do Rev. A Tethered on my TP:
    They're completely oblivious. They don't know anything about the phone. For example, their gripe about speed dial is unjustified because you can add contacts to the launcher, and that option is like right below the add to speed dial option in contacts.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12