Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    One word: WebOS.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    FAST desktop-like internet access anywhere/anytime, and at the LOWEST monthly cost.

Plus, I get to keep running some of my old fave Palm apps w/ the Classic emulator.
    Synergy. I am way too late and miss to many things. I also need to update my tech to get GPS. The rest of the stuff is nice but unnecessary. Also hoping so cool apps that are actually useful come out for the Pre like they have for the iPhone (and not my Centro).
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Guys I am currently using a POS busted down Treo 650. The thing is a brick. It has been dropped alot. It is a 2005 phone. In cell phone years it is 20 years old. I kept waitin for a decentphone worth upgrading and I really didnt bother witht he other treos. Considering everything the pre at 200 is a fair deal. I do wish they gave me more than 150 credit since I havent upgraded in 4 years and I am a long term customer. From all the info I have seen I think the pre will be nice. I like the idea of the keyboard as well!

Rob
    - I prefer Sprint to other carriers
    - I am getting bored with Windows Mobile
    - I want to keep the hardware QWERTY
    - I want to keep multitasking
    - I want to keep Pandora and Shoutcast streaming
    - I want faster hardware and multitasking
    - I don't want to have to install iTunes
    - I look forward to integrating Gmail, Exchange, and Facebook since those are the three personal and professional tools I use most for contacts, events/calendar, and messaging
    - My girlfriend desperately needs a phone and she just finished law school so I owe her a gift
    - I like new toys

========================

For the minuses:

- I hate to give up tethering
    - I don't want to give up expandable storage but I will deal with it
    - I have to pay $475 most likely because I'm not up for a new subsidy until October
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I have little-to-no short-term memory and am in desperate need of a personal assistant. I am fully willing to surrender myself to the power of Pre.
    It's the best reason I've seemn to leave T-mobile and Android behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by kmod View Post
    I have little-to-no short-term memory and am in desperate need of a personal assistant. I am fully willing to surrender myself to the power of Pre.
    Nicely said.
    It is just freakin awesome, thats all.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    Multitasking
    All I wanted to do on my iPhone for roughly two years was stream music while browsing the internet or looking on Google Maps, apparently that was a lot to ask for from Apple.
    WebOS
    Watching WebOS in action has really highlighted how frustrating mobile OS X can really be to do simple tasks.
    Sprint
    Sprint has the second largest 3G network footprint, bottom line is that it is signifficantly larger than AT&T's. I suspect though that when a WebOS device lands on Verizon and it isn't crippled I will seriously consider switching.
    Notifications
    Nothing has been more frustrating than hearing e-mail arrive on my iPhone and then being forced to stop what I was doing, press the home button, find the e-mail app, select the account that got the e-mail, go to the box with the e-mail in it, and finally select the mail only to find out it was nothing important. Then I'd have to press the home button again, find and open whatever app I was using before and wait for it to load. Even better was getting popups in an application which lead to the same frustrating situation.

Now with push notifications on the horizon I can't even begin to imagine the infuriating experience they're about to unleash, I can only compare what I feel it might be like to before they invented the popup blocker.
    Keyboard
    It's just nice to have, although a virtual keyboard option for landscape mode would really be nice!
    Last edited by ieko; 06/04/2009 at 04:29 AM.
    I want it because I need it.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robertw477 View Post
    Guys I am currently using a POS busted down Treo 650. The thing is a brick. It has been dropped alot. It is a 2005 phone. In cell phone years it is 20 years old. I kept waitin for a decentphone worth upgrading and I really didnt bother witht he other treos. Considering everything the pre at 200 is a fair deal. I do wish they gave me more than 150 credit since I havent upgraded in 4 years and I am a long term customer. From all the info I have seen I think the pre will be nice. I like the idea of the keyboard as well!

Rob
    +1

I'm a year short of Sprint Premier status. I love Palm & I've been using my 650 since Jan'05. It still works well and does everything I need it to do. I haven't seen anything worth upgrading to until now.

PS: I still have my 1989 Toyota too
    I need it because my Centro took a leap into the washing machine a week and half back.

lol.
    I need it because I just switched off an iPhone from AT&T and their horrible network. Also, synergy caught my eye as an excellent way to bring information together along with the multi-tasking prowess that it beholds. And also, it's got an awesome keyboard
    Im still using my trusty 4 year old SE750i dumbphone as Ive been waiting for a "small" yet competent smartphone. And the Pre seems to be it.
    Last edited by moody; 06/04/2009 at 01:00 PM.
    Been a Palm fan since my old III. I have a Verizon Centro and love it. I was merely intrigued until I saw that with MotionApps Classic, I could have the best of all worlds! I could keep my Patience solitare, still have a keyboard, plus get all that touchy/swipey/app store goodness that my iPhone friends have! Now I'm infatuated.

I can't quite justify switching from Verizon yet, though, because we have a Family Plan and my wife would not tolerate life without her Storm, and we have a year to go for either of us to be up for renewal.

I have to admit, though, I've done the math...
    My tag says it all...
    We wants it, we needs it. Must have the PREcious.
    I don't want the Pre. I need the Pre. Mainly because my Instinct is trash. It's only useful for the tethering (that Sprint claimed it wasn't capable of removed before it came out). Besides, I've been waiting a long time for a new Palm OS.
    i need a replacement smartphone... its priced right
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Here are my top 3 reasons.

1. Possibly the best web browsing experience on a cell phone.
    2. Multitasking
    3. CDMA network.

My BB Storm does all of the above but #1 & #2 are pretty weak. I have high standards for my cell phone and am breaking contract to get the Pre, although I'm not losing any money and perhaps am gaining money in the long run with a better plan on the Pre.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12