1.    #1  
    Here is my PREview experience. I was just in awe seeing it up close and in person.

So, I walk in Best Buy to see about picking up Microsoft word which turns out to be stupidly expensive. Upon entering the store. I saw a plastic demo Pre. The kind with the fake screen! Yeah, it was on display with the rest of the phones. I shouted at my girlfriend and immediately ran over. I must say it felt plasticy and very light... (READ ON)

So a employee walks over and asks if he could help me. I say, I'm interested in this thing. Do you have any I can see in hand? He said, "NO", then said, "well wait..." As he was walking over to the compartment he pulled one out and joked that he lied. So he opened the box and powered it up. He talked to me in the process and said they must have either got them in yesterday or this morning. So he powers it up. It asks to select language. Click English or ... It then went on saying something like... TRYING TO CONNECT 1 attempt out of 5. And yeah. In the end of things it went through all 5 attempts and didn't connect. So I couldn't go in and play with anything. I did ask to hold it... You people who say it feels plasticy and cheap and light need your head fixed. For real. It felt great in hand. Of course it's going to feel like plastic. It is plastic!!! And it definitely doesn't feel cheap at all. Also, I almost had a hard time finding this sharp edge that everyone was talking about... So that obviously tells you it's not going to be a big deal... The keys felt great and I have hands like a skillet!

Here's the kicker. The guy tried for like 10 minutes to turn it off. Couldn't do it. I laughed on the inside. He then says, well... Someone is going to end up with a drained battery... Yeah.. so basically he opened one up and powered it on to show me but, that device is going to be sold. It wasn't meant for demo purposes or anything.... Yikes. I will not be buying one at Best Buy

While he attempted to turn the darn thing off I asked if I could look in the box. It comes with 2 booklets that have the top right corner folded down so you can easily grab it and pull it out. It comes with another folded piece of something in between those... I pulled out the pouch. Got a good look at it. It has an orange lining. It doesn't have a draw string or anything either. It's just a stiffer feeling pouch. I only say stiff because it's not loose like my flip mino pouch or anything. It's more firm where it wont flop around when empty. So yeah, that's the pouch. Seemed like an alright pouch. Nothing below what I would expect for a free pouch... ya know!

So that's it! Hope you enjoyed my story... I so wanted to ask to take a picture of the pouch to post for everyone to see. but I didn't want to press my luck. The guy obviously didn't have a clue what he was doing as he mentioned he was only part time... He didn't even know when they were to be sold. I probably could have bought one full price right then and there!!! Actually, I know I could of. He mentioned something about "... or you'll have to pay full price for it"...

I dunno, enough rambling. Enjoy!!!
    whaat are you doing!?!? go back there and buy that thing!
  3.    #3  
    HA HA! Well, I am not going to pay 500 some dollars for this thing. I'm not a sprint customer... YET. I'm switching to sprint in a month so I will purchase then and for 199

I shoulda bought it and sold it on ebay as a 1 day sale for twice as much!!! hehe
    LOL i didn't see that you weren't a customer sorry! i'm sure you woulda been able to make quite a bit off of it
  5.    #5  
    Yeah, true... Thing is, I wouldn't want to rip someone off. Especially when they are a PRE supporter. We're all family now!
    Best Buy does stuff like that all the time (open boxes, mess around, replace with cheese, e.t.c.). Another strike against the store, honestly.

Part of the out-of-box experience is that the phone will be charged. I love how he totally just screwed someone out of that. Wonderful.
    Palm III -> Visor Prism -> Dell Axim X30 Hi -> HTC Apache -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch Pro

Ev-Do Rev. A Tethered on my TP:
    i popped into BBM today and the kid was not helpful at all. tall, skinny, persnickety, and effeminate, all the kid could say was "June 6, June 6". i wanted to punch him in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawandvital View Post
    HA HA! Well, I am not going to pay 500 some dollars for this thing.
    Sigh. I will be...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    you can see the pouch in this video about 75% the way through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    i popped into BBM today and the kid was not helpful at all. tall, skinny, persnickety, and effeminate, all the kid could say was "June 6, June 6". i wanted to punch him in the face.
    LOL too funny
    Bud light just came out my nose I laughed so hard!
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdtalker View Post
    Best Buy does stuff like that all the time (open boxes, mess around, replace with cheese, e.t.c.). Another strike against the store, honestly.

Part of the out-of-box experience is that the phone will be charged. I love how he totally just screwed someone out of that. Wonderful.
    Tell me about it. It was pretty crappy that they did this. I stopped liking Best Buy a long time ago. The crap they pull sometimes!

Sorry to whoever gets that Palm Pre!!!

Also, wanted to add. The center button does glow. Not sure if that has been confirmed or not. Kinda sucks I didn't get to flip through the apps or cards or anything but I did enjoy holding it in the hand. Felt so awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    ROTFLMAO