1.    #1  
    I was planning on picking up the Pre this weekend, but I don't want to have to pay the activation fee. I am upgrading from a Treo 755p and can't wait. I am eligible for the upgrade pricing but I don't want to have to wait for the online availability or the shipping. Any advice out there?
    I think it's not uncommon for stores to waive the activation fee - but you gotta ask nicely
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    you can always be like my customers and threaten to cancel service lol
    upgrade fees are waived for Premier, correct?
    I think i read somewhere that you can call cs and get them to refund it for you. What is the upgrade fee nowadays
    What about for a new contract? Will I have to make a down payment plus an activation fee?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    Yes, normally an $18 upgrade fee applies, but S|P customers will have that waived according to the customer service reps I've talked to.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    Activation fees have been traditionally waived by Sprint for anyone who asks, premier or not.