1.    #1  
    For those who have touched/played with the pre, are the things slow opening up? I have seen videos and it looked like the phone took a little while to open. And some reviews said some of them take awhile..

care to clarify this?
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    I got to play with one for the first time today. Honestly, I didn't think this was a big deal. Apps take a little time to open, but it didn't seem to be any worse than what I'm used to with my Treo Pro. Some of course are going to take longer than others. Since it's multitasking, the items I used most often will usually be open anyway like they are on my Pro. Switching between open apps is instantaneous.

For instance, on my Treo Pro, it looks like Pocket Informant takes 3-5 seconds to open and Kinoma Play takes like 8-9. I think that's just to be expected with larger apps.
  3.    #3  
    where at? i really want to play with one
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessh2036 View Post
    where at? i really want to play with one
    Go to your local Sprint store and ask for the Pre advocate. If you put pressure on him/her they should be able to show it to you.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    This was at a non-corporate owned store in Tennessee. I suggest finding one of these non-corporate stores as they seem to be a little more loose with the rules.
    Everyone's been reporting that they take 2 or 3 seconds, with many cards open it can be longer. And everyone has mentioned this is pretty normal, as this is the case on the iPhone and other smartphones.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I had 5 minutes in a non corp store..and i didn't feel any lag that would qualify as "unacceptable". I did, however, find a slightly palpable lag in the re-orientation of portrait to landscape mode, although I dont think it's any longer than Iphone's (probably just how accelerometers work)
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    i can wait that long...lol