Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Saw this news article in Baron, what a cheap shot. I am not a fan boy for any product but that makes me want to go and buy two dozen of Pres. Can´t post link (my count is only 4. But here is the core of the link)

//blogs.barrons.com/techtraderdaily/2009/06/03/palm-shrs-slide-on-business-weeks-hatchet-job/]Tech Trader Daily - Barron’s Online : Palm Shrs Slide On Business Week's Hatchet Job
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Yeah that guy is pissed Palm didn't think he is as important as he thinks he is. Some legit points but overall very negative and some things are taken out of context. Like he says the Pre doesn't have Sprint Picturemail but fails to mention that there is MMS which is a huge improvement IMO.

Tech Trader Daily - Barron’s Online : Palm Shrs Slide On Business Week's Hatchet Job

Original article

Palm: Likely to Stumble with Pre - BusinessWeek

Also mods, the original article has a thread, not sure if you want to merge.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Thanks for posting the link. Did not see the other tread, oops.
    Pretty biased and crap article.

But I don't think the stock dropped because of it. Almost everything dropped today.
    He has a chip on his shoulder and mentions it in the "review"
    "I should know. I led early attempts to organize and rally the community. Our flagship event, preDevCamp, drew together roughly 1,000 volunteer developers in more than 85 cities around the world. Before those efforts could come to fruition, it became apparent to me and other leaders that Palm's early enthusiasm for the community was halfhearted at best. I and some of my associates ultimately parted ways with Palm after a series of events that has been discussed at length elsewhere. I won't rehash it in detail here, but ultimately we didn't believe we had the backing from Palm we would need to ensure success. "

As Artie Lange from Howard Stern would say "Wah, wah, wah"
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    In his defense, he does say in the comments that BusinessWeek asked him to write an op-ed piece, and that he doesn't have a vested interest in any of the companies. Business Week framed the piece as a legitimate news article, and Hurley suggests that people take it up with BusinessWeek for their framing of the article, it's title, and it's placement. I'm inclined to agree.