Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'd also love to test it, and I'd be happy to bugfix or contribute if you need a cohort!
    I would also love to test
    Quote Originally Posted by markpowers View Post
    I found my first cache last Friday using numbers only. Now the dial turns. More to come.
    how are you rotating the dial? are you swapping images, or doing a transform in javascript? any built in api calls? or does javascript or html 5 natively support it?

--ed--
    scratch that- looks like you can rotate the canvas object directly?
    Last edited by PoundSand; 07/16/2009 at 07:38 PM.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I'd love a geocaching app. I'd be happy to beta as well!
    Did anyone use GeoNiche on PalmOS, that was a great app and hopefully someone will write something similar.

I just want something that will write my position to a file every second when I hike/bike so I can import it into Google Earth.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Geocacher and Web Developer here. Background in software development. I will be getting into app developing with the SDK within the week. If anyone wants to work together get a hold of me.

-BigWhiteTruck (geocaching handle)
    Last edited by rmbwebs; 07/17/2009 at 10:43 AM.
    I found my 4th Geocache using only the Pre this morning. If the Pre can discern your heading, the degree dial lines up to North. The needle points toward the target.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I found my 4th Geocache using only the Pre this morning. If the Pre can discern your heading, the degree dial lines up to North. The needle points toward the target.
    Ooh, shiny! Wanna collaborate on that?

So the pre feeds the heading as part of the GPS data stream. . . are you doing your own calculations for the bearing or does the API expose some functions for claculating that stuff?
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    very interested in testing if you need folks...
    2+ weeks in dev for personal use. I want to share!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    nice! cant wait to install!
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Thanks! Can't wait to try this out!!

Edit: Got this installed and it seems like it might work great (though I haven't had a lot of time to play with this yet). It is a very simple application and this would be even more incredible if you could work with the guys over at Geocaching.com and create an interface in-app to locate the caches and automatically and/or add or find nearby caches. Either way, get this app in the homebrew section!!!
    Last edited by alundre; 07/26/2009 at 07:35 PM.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    yeah! keep it up man! geocaching with the pre would be very nice!
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    I have found some minor bugs in the software so far but I should know more tomorrow as I think tomorrow I might be able to actually use it go searching.

The main problem I have noticed so far is I added another location but for some reason, it only shows the original 2 that were in the app when I first got into the program (hadn't deleted them yet) until I go to a location or the add screen and then just go back to the list without doing anything. Then it shows all 3...strange.

Another problem I had was I deleted one of the caches in the software and after I deleted it, it appeared as though 2 caches were deleted until I once again went to another screen adn came back and then it looked fine again. Like I said tho, tomorrow I will actually use it to do some searching so I should have a lot more to report then.

Either way, thanks again for making this and with just a few improvements, you could have a REALLY special app for us geocaching folks.
    Here is the first Homebrew geocaching app:

PREtracker 0.5.0

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    Here is the first Homebrew geocaching app:

PREtracker 0.5.0

- Craig

i thought that was an exercise app?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.

get thee to the homebrew section.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I just posted Go To Tool ipk to the Web OS Development forum.

Some fixes required but workarounds currently exist. Read the description in the thread...
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/go-tool

NEW VERSION 0.4.1 ***** *** Import geocaching gpx files!!! *** Put files on device's media partition via USB, import in Go To tool, see screenshot. Tested with 500 waypoint files. *** Log button on Go To page *** Opens geocaching.com in browser, focused on log page for the selected cache. *** New waypoint 'near' opens in same window for easier copy/paste. *** WebView control keeps browsing in the same window. Extra information captured from URL provides better geocaching.com integration. *** New background color and display fixes. NEW VERSION 0.4.1 *****
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/go-tool

NEW VERSION 0.4.1 ***** *** Import geocaching gpx files!!! *** Put files on device's media partition via USB, import in Go To tool, see screenshot. Tested with 500 waypoint files. *** Log button on Go To page *** Opens geocaching.com in browser, focused on log page for the selected cache. *** New waypoint 'near' opens in same window for easier copy/paste. *** WebView control keeps browsing in the same window. Extra information captured from URL provides better geocaching.com integration. *** New background color and display fixes. NEW VERSION 0.4.1 *****

Any updates, I'm just getting into Geocaching and this looks good
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast