Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Corporate guys are not allowed to say anything. They are lying to keep their jobs. They signed pages of confidentiality agreements.
    There is no spoon
    I just went to a corp store and for some reason I hate that Sprint Rep guy he act like he doesn't care and just look at me dumb. Its not just about the Pre launch but way back in October he just got this little attitude from him. But anyways he said they open at 9 on Saturday and they will only get about 5 to 10 Pre's. Like is it 5 or 10! And why will a Corp store get that little. He then ask me was I on the list and I was like I thought Corp store didn't have list then he said Its first come, First served
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    lol i just called a store and was told that they are not getting the pre until the morning of the 6th... i hung up.
    I went to a local Best Buy and the Sprint guy was there - he had one and the BB guy had one. As soon as I walked up they put them in their pockets and would not even show it to me - the Sprint guy gave me corporate line about NDA's, getting fired, etc. This store will open at 9 instead of 10 on Saturday.

The next stop was a Sprint corp store. They said they will be opening at 8AM and I should get here early, but they were not sure how many units they would have - they had none as of this afternoon. They did not seem to really care much.

Finally, I got a call from an affiliate store that I had called last week and they put me on a list. They are getting 16 Pre's and I am #3 - supposed to be there at 7:30 Saturday morning to pick it up. While I would prefer to get one at BB (instant rebate), I think I will go with the slam-dunk at the affiliate store and mail-in my rebate. Plus I have a full schedule on Saturday, so the sooner the better!
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    I went to a non-corp store where another forum member here had already laid down a deposit for a Pre to be picked up on Saturday. He told me that he won't have anymore phones for me on Saturday but he will have another shipment coming in on Tuesday. I filled out all of the paper work and afterwards, feeling a little skittish, I asked him on a scale of 1-10 how good my chances were that I'd get me Pre on Tuesday. He said 9.5, as he would put the order in first thing Monday morning at 8am EST for arrival at about 2:30pm PST. He even let me poke around with his Pre a little. Nice little thing I must say! Perfect size!
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpanwalking View Post
    I went to a non-corp store where another forum member here had already laid down a deposit for a Pre to be picked up on Saturday. He told me that he won't have anymore phones for me on Saturday but he will have another shipment coming in on Tuesday. I filled out all of the paper work and afterwards, feeling a little skittish, I asked him on a scale of 1-10 how good my chances were that I'd get me Pre on Tuesday. He said 9.5, as he would put the order in first thing Monday morning at 8am EST for arrival at about 2:30pm PST. He even let me poke around with his Pre a little. Nice little thing I must say! Perfect size!
    why not find another store for Sat?
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    I'm the other forum member, and I referred him to yet another store where he can get one on Saturday as well. He's got his bases covered.
    I also visited my local corp store and he said they have 35 units on order and will be opening at 8am on saturday. he also said that shipments will be coming in daily starting tuesday of next week. If that does not work out i have a best buy across the street that is opening up at 9am saturday, i will check stock with them on friday night.

The 3rd party store that i was on a list for called me today to tell me that they will not be getting any in until a later date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    I can wait till Tuesday so hopefully I'll be able to get it then. Plus, it will give me a couple more days to come back here to read about Saturday morning's excitement while I wait patiently for mine! If I do NOT get it by Tuesday then maybe !!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12