1.    #1  
    Hey, needless to say, I am excited about the Data Transfer Program available after the Pre setup process, specifically because my Centro is busted and the Transfer Program will allow me to do a one-way transfer of Contacts, Calendar Events, Tasks and Memos from my Palm Desktop to my new Pre. (See Page 19 of the Pre User's Guide)

My question is this: do you think anything will prevent me from being able to transfer that exact same Palm Desktop data to my wife's Pre since she's getting one too? I don't see why not, but thought I'd ask anyway.

Thanks.
    I suspect it will work just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by furreverdad View Post
    Hey, needless to say, I am excited about the Data Transfer Program available after the Pre setup process, specifically because my Centro is busted and the Transfer Program will allow me to do a one-way transfer of Contacts, Calendar Events, Tasks and Memos from my Palm Desktop to my new Pre. (See Page 19 of the Pre User's Guide)

My question is this: do you think anything will prevent me from being able to transfer that exact same Palm Desktop data to my wife's Pre since she's getting one too? I don't see why not, but thought I'd ask anyway.

Thanks.
    I doubt it would be an issue, but if it is, just duplicate the folder associated with your user name, and give it a new name so the transfer tool thinks its a second user. Point the data transfer tool at the new folder and you're good to go.

On my WinXP box, my user name folder is located at c:\program files\palm\WhitmaD\ The final directory in the chain will be recognizable as a perhaps truncated version of your Treo user name.