Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Where, what time are you getting in line?
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    I'm thinkin' the Murray store, not sure what time... just gonna keep my eyes peeled to see when a line starts forming. Won't know until Friday evening what their inventory levels will look like.
    I'm still debating which store to go to. I was thinking the murray store too, but I think it is gonna be packed with people..... So maybe I will hit the one in Jordan Landing or something. Have either of you called stores to see how many each one is getting?
    I plan on showing up about 15-30 min early. Hopefully there won't be a line.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I hope so too. I guess I am just thinking it will be packed because there are like 10 people on this forum from the Salt Lake Valley, but who knows, they may be the only 10 people in line. lol
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarrett5381 View Post
    I'm still debating which store to go to. I was thinking the murray store too, but I think it is gonna be packed with people..... So maybe I will hit the one in Jordan Landing or something. Have either of you called stores to see how many each one is getting?
    No idea about the other stores, but the Murray store won't say until Friday evening how many they'll have. I really wonder how much there will be in the way of lines... these forums have a way of magnifying the hype, haha. In any case, it sounds like they get several people a day asking about the Pre, so it's a fair assumption that there will be a lot of people trying to pick this up ASAP... as for how many of them are hardcore enough to get in line super early? That's the question

The Murray store is the biggest in the Salt Lake area that I know of, which is why I plan on going there-- seems like they're likely to have the biggest inventory. What other decent size stores are there?
    That one definately is the largest and gets the most traffic. I have had luck getting phones that have been sold out at all the other stores at the one on 700 east 400 south also the one in sugarhouse 2100 s. Highland dr. There is at least one person hardcore enough... I will pitch a tent if I have to in order to get me and the wife one lol
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarrett5381 View Post
    That one definately is the largest and gets the most traffic. I have had luck getting phones that have been sold out at all the other stores at the one on 700 east 400 south also the one in sugarhouse 2100 s. Highland dr. There is at least one person hardcore enough... I will pitch a tent if I have to in order to get me and the wife one lol
    Oh yeah. I'm fully prepared to sleep out at the store on Friday if needs be.

Good to know about those stores. I've been to the 400 s 700 e store, but only for help with my plan. Good service there, they were able to fix a problem created by a non-native English speaking CS rep (one I'd reached by calling in, obviously). Good store.
    Both of those stores have excellent service. They are usually the only two I go to. I had an issue with a number port not going through when I ported my numbers from T-mobile. I had been on the phone with CS for about 8 hours in a three day period and they couldn't figure out what was wrong. Well I just stopped by that store because it was near my work at the time and they had the problem solved within 25 minutes and they even called me back the next day to make sure the problem was fixed to my satisfaction. I had only signed up with sprint 2 days prior and they didn't even send me back to the store I purchased my phones from. This is the only time I am willing to go to a different store to get a pre if needs be and I think the one that we are planning on going to will have the biggest supply.

I'm hoping that everyone will wait in line at Bestbuy because they heard about the instant rebate online, even though none of our bestbuy's will even have the phone on launch day. I'm probably gonna go by the sprint store friday night at like midnight and if there is a line, I will jump in then and if not I will go back at like 5 am on saturday. I would prefer though not to be outside overnight in that part of town lol
    I will be going to one of the Orem stores. Most likely the one on 16th South and State.
    Spectato52: Same here, going to the Orem store. I actually hear it's the second-best/second-largest store in Utah. When are you going? I'm going to go @ midnight on friday, see who's there. If I need to camp, I will. If not, 6am ish.
    I will probably head there around 6-6:30
    I showed up at 7:15 am and was second in line. If I had waited until 8:00 I would have been 3rd in line.
    Showed up at the Sugarhouse location at 6:20 am and was 9th in line. I was already reading about people in line at the murray location before I went to bed so I avoided that place.
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    I guess that I got ridiculously lucky. This past Saturday (the 13th) I was hanging around at home and started reading the early Pre reviews. I decided to take the plunge and replace my Treo 755p with the Pre after calling Sprint CS and determining what my ultimate cost would be. I ignorantly went down to the Sugar House Sprint store and learned that all stores in the Valley were on a waiting list. I started calling dealers instead, and responses ranged from "waiting list" to "What's a Pre?"

At one of my last dealers to call, the sales rep with whom I spoke said that he had one left. I told him to hold it, and I'd be there in 10 minutes. No wait! Like I said, guess I got really lucky.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad