Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Said he will be sending me an INVITE by 4pm today (6/3). He said his store is getting 20 pres and I am GUARANTEED one as long as I get there by 8:30AM. He said all i need to do is bring my invitation and I am golden.

Is this bull sh1t? Did anyone else get this call? I hope this turns out to be true.

Also, I will post the 'invitation' as soon as I receive the e-mail.
    A local store rep?
    I talked to a store rep and he said I have an almost perfect chance of getting one if I get there at 7am. Take reps words with a grain of salt.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Im hearing soo many different stories nowadays who knows.

I hear some stores will have plenty for sale, that you wont need to line up, just be there early. Then I hear bout some stores(Now albiet these are just Sprint resellers) that are only getting 2 phones....and that Radio Shack WILL NOT have them June 6th. All of it seems loopy to me now.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    I'm curious too as to who is giving out the invites. The local store or Sprint? Because how would they know if you are serious to buy or just signed up out of curiosity.

Out in SoCal the store reps get visibly frustrated anytime someone asks them about the Pre so IF stores are doing lists like this then they're probably saving all the invites for their friends.
  6. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I was registered in waiting list in one store in DC area.
    And another store has no waiting list. They said the store opens at 8:30 A.M , and the girl said to stop by the store starting 7:00 A.M
  7. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    SPRINT receives 0 marks for this whole mess.
    When they said Pre will be on sale on June 6th ,everyone should stand in line , why some stores to have waiting lists.
    Quote Originally Posted by supervillain View Post
    Said he will be sending me an INVITE by 4pm today (6/3). He said his store is getting 20 pres and I am GUARANTEED one as long as I get there by 8:30AM. He said all i need to do is bring my invitation and I am golden.

Is this bull sh1t? Did anyone else get this call? I hope this turns out to be true.

Also, I will post the 'invitation' as soon as I receive the e-mail.
    Are you a Premier Member? If they're inviting you Saturday, I wouldn't think so.
    I've come to the conclusion that all of this nonsense must entirely depend on where you are and what your store is like. All three of the corporate stores here where I live are pretty much saying that nobody can do anything until Saturday - and even then it's all gonna be first come first served. Heck, as recent as yesterday they were still saying they had no demo Pre and no clue about anything. Whatever. Oh yeah, and both of the Radio Shacks said they will not even have ANY Pres in stock on June 6 (but I prefer the Sprint store anyway, so I don't really care about Radio Shack or Best Buy).
    I think that the only way--and I mean, the ONLY way--that Sprint can avoid angering and alienating potential customers is to have the release on Saturday be first come-first served. The only exception would be to have special hours for S|P customers, but I don't see how they can manage that at this late date.

Imagine the alternative. You go to the store bright and early on Saturday morning. You stand in, let's say, a short line, and then you're the 10th person (or whatever) to get into the store. You walk up to the counter and say you'd like a Pre. Are you really going to be told, "Sorry, I can't sell you a Pre. There's this guy on this list here who's ahead of you, and he hasn't shown up yet. I don't know when he's going to show, or, really, if he's really going to. And that's our last Pre, so you can check back on Monday to see if we have more stock."?

Then, factor in that there could be 2, 3, or 10 people "on the list" who haven't shown up yet. How in the name of all that is holy would the store be able to manage the process? And it's also possible that a store's list could fill up completely before Saturday. Does that mean that they'll announce to each and every other customer who comes in that, sorry, there are no Pre available because their list is filled up? And then, of course, there are more than one salesperson at each store--what are they going to do, divvy up the available Pre beforehand, draw straws to see who gets to fill orders from their lists, have duels at 30 paces, or what?

I mean, seriously, can anyone see any of that happening? I certainly can't... This "I'm on a list" thing is, I'm afraid, an urban legend.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I think that the only way--and I mean, the ONLY way--that Sprint can avoid angering and alienating potential customers is to have the release on Saturday be first come-first served. The only exception would be to have special hours for S|P customers, but I don't see how they can manage that at this late date.

Imagine the alternative. You go to the store bright and early on Saturday morning. You stand in, let's say, a short line, and then you're the 10th person (or whatever) to get into the store. You walk up to the counter and say you'd like a Pre. Are you really going to be told, "Sorry, I can't sell you a Pre. There's this guy on this list here who's ahead of you, and he hasn't shown up yet. I don't know when he's going to show, or, really, if he's really going to. And that's our last Pre, so you can check back on Monday to see if we have more stock."?

Then, factor in that there could be 2, 3, or 10 people "on the list" who haven't shown up yet. How in the name of all that is holy would the store be able to manage the process? And it's also possible that a store's list could fill up completely before Saturday. Does that mean that they'll announce to each and every other customer who comes in that, sorry, there are no Pre available because their list is filled up? And then, of course, there are more than one salesperson at each store--what are they going to do, divvy up the available Pre beforehand, draw straws to see who gets to fill orders from their lists, have duels at 30 paces, or what?

I mean, seriously, can anyone see any of that happening? I certainly can't... This "I'm on a list" thing is, I'm afraid, an urban legend.
    Agreed. But they at least could have called the folks on the list and offered the Pre to them, say, an hour earlier than everyone else. You don't make it an hour early, then you wait like everyone else. Just a thought.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    What a lot of stores do is they send out an employee early to do a headcount and tell the rest of the line that they're out of luck.

So a list would be possible and wouldn't upset too many people. But once again... what list are they calling people on? Store list? Sprint List? Premiere List? This is a relatively small launch so it's very surprising that Sprint is doing such a bad job in handling it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    I was registered in waiting list in one store in DC area.
    And another store has no waiting list. They said the store opens at 8:30 A.M , and the girl said to stop by the store starting 7:00 A.M
    I'm in the DC area also, can you tell me what store had a waitlist? Thanks
  14.    #14  
    Yes, it was a local store rep. He told me he has 5 people coming in at 8AM, & 5 more coming in at 8:30AM. He told me this is an appointment and I MUST be there no later than 8:30AM or I would not be guaranteed the pre. He called me, and he gave me a time to be there. Its not like I went in there and asked to be guaranteed a pre.

Anyway, I have not received an e-mail yet. Ill wait till 6 and if i dont get one Im going to call him.
    Sprint is doing a lousy job in PRE-launching this phone. They've set it up to potentially alienate a lot of current and prospective customers, and to lose more business. Very dissatisfied so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by supervillain View Post
    Yes, it was a local store rep. He told me he has 5 people coming in at 8AM, & 5 more coming in at 8:30AM. He told me this is an appointment and I MUST be there no later than 8:30AM or I would not be guaranteed the pre. He called me, and he gave me a time to be there. Its not like I went in there and asked to be guaranteed a pre.

Anyway, I have not received an e-mail yet. Ill wait till 6 and if i dont get one Im going to call him.
    whatever you do, don't go alone. it could be a set up.
    Sounds like Sprint has a campaign encouraging anyone who will listen to them to come to the store for their 'guaranteed' phone. They're probably trying to generate lines in front of the stores for publicity.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    whatever you do, don't go alone. it could be a set up.
    It's all fun and games until someone loses a kidney.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Out in SoCal the store reps get visibly frustrated anytime someone asks them about the Pre so IF stores are doing lists like this then they're probably saving all the invites for their friends.
    I noticed that. One store I called and it was as if I insulted the guy. He said there are NO stores that have waiting lists. I was like woah calm down grasshopper it was just a question.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I think they are trying to get lines too. My sprint store said they didn't know if they would be selling the Pre until that morning. He said come in the morning to check. I told him no thanks. I will just go to best buy because they know they are selling it
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast