Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Get the salt ready guys !

I just called a local, independent Sprint store near me and spoke to the manager. He said that he believes they are getting between 10-12 Pres on Saturday and that he had a big waiting list. When I pushed him he said he had about 15 names on the list. I got him to put my name on the list just for the heck of it. He then said that probably half the people on the list would not be eligible for the upgrade and thus probably wouldn't buy. I told him I was eligible since I checked on line. His reply, get here at 8am and you'll have your Pre !

I guess I will find out soon enough. It's very close to me and just a few minutes drive away, and worth the chance of going there. The other local store doesn't open until 10am, already checked with them and they don't have a waiting list.

Nothing to lose I guess. I won't be too upset if I don't get a Pre on the Saturday, but hoping this manager is good to his word
    I can't believe anybody puts any faith in a 'list.'

Even if you are on the list, that will probably only save you for the 2nd shipment. First shipment will most likely without a doubt be first come first served, list doesnt mean crap.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    I can't believe anybody puts any faith in a 'list.'

Even if you are on the list, that will probably only save you for the 2nd shipment. First shipment will most likely without a doubt be first come first served, list doesnt mean crap.
    Thank you. List people shouldn't feel like they're safe. No one is guaranteed anything. They'll probably all be sold first come first serve. Even if they hold them on the side for list people, which I doubt, just offer to buy an accessory and bam.
    This might be a little off topic since you are discussing Sprint stores, but my local Best Buy store had a sort of "interest" list is what he called it which I signed up for about 3 weeks ago. He said there was 6 people on the "list" and that he was calling all 6 just to inform them that they would be opening an hour early (9a instead of 10a), and that as long as I was there by about 8a that I would be able to get one. He said that he would be handing out "appointment slips" and scheduling times in 15 minute increments to buy the phone and get it set up, and the 6 on the list would have priority. So based on the leaked stock list that they are getting (10 on order) they will be done selling them by 11:30a. Thanks to everyone on the forums for all of the info -- I have been lurking for months.
    at this point, I almost want to go to my sprint store just to see if its crowded or not.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    OK OK OK, Sprint stores have gotten a pre shipment in today. Spoke to a non corp store rep, she said I was number 32 on the waitlist and taht if i showed up at opening she can guarantee me a unit. Basically this means that she has a **** load of Pre's in stock RIGHT NOW. She also stated that if they happen to sell out before I get there, she will have the Pre direct shipped to my home address and billed to my account.

She also stated that the store can't touch my account if im on the EPRP and that I need to be on a regular Everything data account for them to touch it.
    Quote Originally Posted by playaj View Post
    She also stated that the store can't touch my account if im on the EPRP and that I need to be on a regular Everything data account for them to touch it.
    That seems a little salty. You might have to call telesales because of EPRP.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    im seeing a recurrent theme here -

non-corporate stores = waiting lists and shady goings on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    im seeing a recurrent theme here -

non-corporate stores = waiting lists and shady goings on.
    Its not shady... reseller stores were given a PDF file with a waiting list format in it. They are ALLOWED to do it unlike the corporate stores. Resellers can also order a PRE through VAT unlike the corporate stores (they need to wait for stock to come in)...
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    even though you might be on a wait list, the phones are still sold on first come first served basis, so you still have to show up early. You can't stroll in at 4pm and expect to get a Pre.
    if these stores do have a list, i hope they're going to post something on their door so those of us that get their early don't sit around for hours only to be told that there's a list and if you're not on it you don't get one. i know if i waited in line because i wasn't told there was a list (which the store said they don't have) and then am told i can't get one i'm going to be pissed. i don't care if they do lists but at least let your customers know. for those of you on lists - have you stopped by the store? do they have a sign or something informing people of the list?
  12. TMJ
    I called my local sprint store hear in MN just to check to see if they would
    have any pre's available on Saturday. To my delight the manager answered the phone and asked if I was a current or new customer. I told him I would be switching from alltel to sprint, he then stated that new customers would be able to get a pre on friday sometime. They had 5 available and I was #3,so with that I will be getting mine a day early (pinch me). He also said I would have to go through a hour course of learning the phone(bummer).
    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ View Post
    He also said I would have to go through a hour course of learning the phone(bummer).
    WTF? it's like you need to instruction and pass your driver's license test before they let you drive the car off the lot so you don't hurt yourself!!!
  14. TMJ
    That's what I thought, man I got kids to pick up. I know this has been rumored so it must be true, has anybody actually heard this?
    When I spoke to the sprint rep the other day he said I would only have to be there long enough for them to activate the phone. I could take it after that and set it up, if I felt comfortable doing it.. We have all read all the posts and articles about setting the phone up.. Give it to me and let me go and then once the fever dies I can go in a talk to the pre advocate and spend time with them, if I have questions..
    I don't know about you guys but in less than 60 hours I will be waiting in line, f the list and promises.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnyvsp View Post
    I don't know about you guys but in less than 60 hours I will be waiting in line, f the list and promises.
    forget the line!

18.    #38  
    Ok, I just received the invite. I'm not going to post it because it contains too much personal info. BUT, my local sprint store is opening 2 hours early for a 'pre' pre sale. So, this sounds like it is pretty legit. Sounds like I am guaranteed a Pre on Saturday!! There will also be light snacks and beverages at the "event"

Im golden.
  19. TMJ
    Quote Originally Posted by springsyeti View Post
    When I spoke to the sprint rep the other day he said I would only have to be there long enough for them to activate the phone. I could take it after that and set it up, if I felt comfortable doing it.. We have all read all the posts and articles about setting the phone up.. Give it to me and let me go and then once the fever dies I can go in a talk to the pre advocate and spend time with them, if I have questions..

Cool, I hope that's true.
    Quote Originally Posted by supervillain View Post
    Ok, I just received the invite. I'm not going to post it because it contains too much personal info. BUT, my local sprint store is opening 2 hours early for a 'pre' pre sale. So, this sounds like it is pretty legit. Sounds like I am guaranteed a Pre on Saturday!! There will also be light snacks and beverages at the "event"

Im golden.
    no way....... prove it!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast