Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I was just thinking last night, that the increase in productivity from the Pre over the life of my 2 year contract, will not make up for the time I have wasted in anticipation of it.
    My productivity is pretty far down. Not only that but I find myself delegating stuff that I really should be doing myself.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    It is strange. When I first started hearing the rumblings that Palm had a savior up their sleeves, I have been searching for news like water in a desert. Finally CES rolled around, and for the first time I read the live feed, refreshing every 5 seconds. Then it was the hunt for every single viedeo and pic, checking the Palm site repeatedly, searching for every additional nugget I could find. Every rumor I ingested, every leak I consumed just had me hungry for more. It did not let up. Even the mereist hint, and I was all over it - like the whole Josh on Fallon thing. Never watched Fallon ever, but here I was DRV programed like a fool. The weirdest thing of all is it stilkl hasn't let up yet. I had better have one in hand this weekend just to get a breakf from my, yes I'll say it, obsessive need to adsorb every bit of information I can gleen about this phone.

Having said that, there is no way I am going to tell you all how unproductive I have become. Can't make me.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    have a "as it happens" google alert set up...waste half my day.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    when I finally go to sleep @ 5am I'm waking up every 2 hrs to check the forums. My coworkers are convinved I have a sickness. I know the cure...
    Ok. I thought IIIII was the only one waking up every two hours to see 1) if my invite arrived, 2) who touched/reviewed it first, 3) to see the first commercial. And I know it won't stop. I DO RTFM (over and over again) but I'll still need to stop by this crack house to get the tips & tricks.
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeydog View Post
    Sad, but true.
    Metallica!

Just call me Berd.
  8. JM
    2 hours a day devoted to Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by JM View Post
    2 hours a day devoted to Pre
    That's all?

I just got back from my break and I got lots of posts to catch up on .
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  10. JM
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    That's all?

I just got back from my break and I got lots of posts to catch up on .
    Sounds like you are still on break
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I have been somewhat unproductive at work, and I don't care because I am an underpaid Contractor doing Technical Writing on the Web and am sooooooooo bored. My lack of productivity has been moistly due to the amount of time I spent on the phone with Sprint regarding the millionth problem with my Treo 755. I have also spent way too much time trying to get a straight answer as to weather or not there are any Pre parties here in San Francisco- apparently NOT and where I should sleep on Friday night.

I am totally excited about finally getting a Pre and Sprint has been very nice to me considering I spent like 25 hrs of my vacation last month dealing with issues related to them setting up my 5th 755 incorrectly. I just really hope that Palm has created a device that I will not have to trade-in every few months due to defects, as I have done since the Treo 650. Even though I love Sprint, I am a Mac Geek and honestly the 3.0 iPhone does look promising. So I am going to be a heavy duty Pre user for 30 days and if there are major problems with the device, then I may just wind up switching, but I sincerely hope not.
    Quote Originally Posted by JM View Post
    Sounds like you are still on break
    Touche In that case, I have been on paid vacation since Jan LOL.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09

one word.....NONEXISTANT!!!
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    one word.....NONEXISTANT!!!
    I second that Dwight I second that! lol
    I spend a lot of time waiting for video to transcode or render so during those breaks I usually am browsing one site or another anyway. Lately it's been a lot of Precentral but before then it was a handful of others. The SubGenius must have Slack!
    My productivity at work is basically unchanged. Multitasking for the win!

(Ok, honestly, it's gone downhill a bit, but not all that much. Plus, it's the Pre!)
    Palm III -> Visor Prism -> Dell Axim X30 Hi -> HTC Apache -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch Pro

Ev-Do Rev. A Tethered on my TP:
    Quote Originally Posted by furreverdad View Post
    Am I alone, or have you been nearly completely unproductive at work for, like, two weeks now?

Man I hope I am not the only one. Be honest.
    Amen to that! It's a little ridiculous, really...

I start out with the Precentral home page, open the Pre forum up in a separate tab, then open a couple of threads that I'm following in separate tabs that I'll keep open all day, then open any other threads of interest into separate tabs...

I'll read the Precentral home page stories, then catch up on the threads I'm following, then go to the threads of more transient interest. I'll close the tabs with the threads of transient interest, refresh the threads I'm following and read anything new, refresh the Pre forum tab, open any newly interesting threads...lather, rinse, repeat...

Manoman, I'm second-guessing myself a little on whether I should hold off on the Pre for a couple of months or so, but, on the other hand, if I got it, this crazyness of constant Precentral reading would go down...hopefully...or something...

Argh!

...It's so good to know I'm not the only one...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    Manoman, I'm second-guessing myself a little on whether I should hold off on the Pre for a couple of months or so
    TRY. You can't resist the Pre.

i haven't been slacking at work, just at home. no cleaning or working out for the past few days. when i get home from work the first thing i do is go on here. then i'm on it for about 3 or 4 hours. omg that sounds so lame. if i wake up in the middle of the night i check it then too. and then i can't sleep because i'm soo excited. i've only gotten about 5 hours of sleep the last few nights vs the 8 hours i usually do. do you all realize that 60 hours from now the corp sprint stores will be opening and (hopefully) we'll all finally be getting our phones!!!

the suspense is killing me
    My wife just shakes here head while I constantly check message boards and call various sprint stores to confirm/debunk new news/rumors. Saturday will not come soon enough.. But then I will waste more time playing with my new toy and visiting these same forums to see what apps and tricks people have found. I want more information, I get the pre, I want more information.. Vicious cycle..
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast