Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I have this application on my Windows Mobile (Treo 800w) and I love it. One of my first questions to the support team there was if FreeCaddie.com would have an application for the new Palm Pre. Here is there response:

"It appears that the Palm Pre is going to support Java apps. If so, the Java that is in beta right now ought to work on it. The Java version of FreeCaddie can be found under "BlackBerry" (which was to be the primary focus but it turned out that software ran on other phones too)."

BlackBerry

Can someone with a Pre download this application and see if it works???
    Sprint Phones owned since Fall of 2001: Samsung I300, Samsung I330, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Centro, 800w, Palm Pre, Samsung Epic and now the HTC 3D EVO.
    I haven't heard about Java apps on the Pre. Note that Java is different from Javascript, but I would think that company would have known that.

Has anyone else heard anything about a Java VM for the Pre?

edit: Nuts! I should have searched first. It's been asked and answered: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...ml#post1626797
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Maybe in the future if there is enough demand Sun might make Java Vm for webOS. That will open the floodgates even more in terms of apps.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Maybe in the future if there is enough demand Sun might make Java Vm for webOS. That will open the floodgates even more in terms of apps.
    I'm not sure very much work would have to be done--I believe Android has a Java VM running on Linux (and of course there are other Java VMs for Linux). I think the work would be on Palm's side in testing and allowing it the "deep" access.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    You can always install Java VM in Classic....

I am sorry, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Java for POS was a joke.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Anyone try this yet?
    Sprint Phones owned since Fall of 2001: Samsung I300, Samsung I330, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Centro, 800w, Palm Pre, Samsung Epic and now the HTC 3D EVO.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Oh I really want this app on the Pre too!