1.    #1  
    I don't think there are too many of us, but might as well start one anyway.

I'm in the Dayton, OH area. I visited the Sprint store near the Fairfield mall in Beavercreek. Manager was pretty confident that I would be able to get one if I was there at open at 8am. It's well known by this point, but there won't be any Friday festivities there.

I also popped in the BestBuy a block away. They will have the Pre on Saturday. The rep wouldn't tell me how many they would have, but he did say I should be there at open if I want one, and if there are more than 10 people in line I shouldn't waste my time.

I'll probably hit the Sprint store at 8am, and if I'm not successful, I'll wait until 10 and try Best Buy.

How about you, what are your plans?
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    <-- Cincinnati reppin.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    I met a couple people in line that checked precentral.net at the Dayton Mall store.

Are either of you registered? One of you, I was standing next to during check out.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Now that the Pre is in our hands, how is the reception in your area? I will start:

Fairfield, Ohio POOR no bars at home or office!
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rj5620 View Post
    Now that the Pre is in our hands, how is the reception in your area? I will start:

Fairfield, Ohio POOR no bars at home or office!
    blue ash area, full reception, only time I lose service or switch to roam on 75 is when I'm around the middletown area.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    My friend has a Sprint BB Curve and he came over and his reception at my home and office is poor also. I looked at he Sprint coverage map and both my locations are in the "Fair" light green area. I guess any updates won't help me. I was thinking of asking for two Airwaves, one for home and one for the office, but that is sort of going over board. This signal strength issue probably explains the battery draining so rapidly. My iPhone battery lasts most of the day, where the Pre lasts only a little past lunch.
    We live in florence, I work in sharonville and I get great coverage up and down 75. My wife is from Mason (west chester area) and she got perfect reception there.
    I live in Lebanon and work in Mason. Reception is fair at work but there are parts of the building where I do not have coverage at all. At home, reception is good because I live within 2 miles of I-71.

My wife, however, works in Cleves, which is close to the OH-IN border. She does not have data reception at work AT ALL! A bit disappointing for her.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Springfield,Ohio here
    Dayton (Englewood) is where I am. Got my Pre at Best Buy in Trotwood. Camped out overnight and was #1 in line. Ended up having some (hard) restart issues and got a new device from Palm. Just before it arrived the Sprint store in Huber got one and called me so I exchanged it there but it turned out to be a refurb. New device from Palm arrived the next day but I kept using my refurbed device from Sprint and ended up having soft reset issues. Finally activated the brand new device from Palm 9 days ago and it's been flawless since then. You can read about most of my saga here.

I'd be up for a gathering at a local Panera if anyone else is up for it. Just let me know and I could reserve a place for us.

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Columbus Ohio Go Buckeyes!! Reception is grrreeattt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    I met a couple people in line that checked precentral.net at the Dayton Mall store.

Are either of you registered? One of you, I was standing next to during check out.
    yeah it might have been me. we were talking about the accessories if i remember correctly. how is your pre? i had to exchange mine 4 times until i just returned it and went to best buy to get a perfect pre from there.
    Centerville, Ohio here....blah
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironmonkeyelite View Post
    yeah it might have been me. we were talking about the accessories if i remember correctly. how is your pre? i had to exchange mine 4 times until i just returned it and went to best buy to get a perfect pre from there.
    are you the one that had the centro?

wow dude, 4x? that has to be aggravating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    are you the one that had the centro?

wow dude, 4x? that has to be aggravating.
    yup im the one that had the centro. yeah the one i have now i love but the slider is pretty messed up. Sure wish they would come out with some more apps on this thing.