Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    We were at the Sprint store for a repair and I talked to the reps about how we won't qualify for the upgrade until July. They got on the phone, pushed some buttons, sighed a bit, then returned saying that they reset us so that we can buy the Pre for $199 any time on or after 6/6/9.

* Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    They let me upgrade this morning w/o any issues. Said they basically try to do it as long as you are within a month. WHEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
    I am also July 1. The Sprint manager took it all the way to a "Director" and was told "no."
    Last edited by Double Eagle; 06/06/2009 at 12:24 PM.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Ok, here's the deal, I am not eligible for my upgrade until July 1st 2009. Well, I really don't want to wait until then to buy a phone. I also would rather not spend $600.00 when I could get it for $200.00.

I would like to hear what you think I should do. I have a few ideas:

1. Buy it now for full price and use their 30 day return policy to return the phone July 1st and simply get a new one when I am eligible.

2. Open a new line, switch my current number over to the new line and then cancel my original line.

I am open to any and all suggestions. And if anyone sees any flaws in my thinking (which many usually do).
    I have the same problem my one year aniversary is 8/1. I was at a corporate sprint store this morning talking to the regional manger and he told me to come back Monday. He looked up my account saw I was with Sprint since 03 and my account was in good standing and feels I should call customer service. His advice to me was call sprint and tell them you wanted the pre but don't qualify until august that you want to cancel because you will switch to Verizon at that point they will alow you to upgrade early. Come in and I will take care of you.

Thats what the regional manager feels. Just can't do it on launch day.
    600P, 700P, Current 800W
    Daughter Centro
    http://insidesprintnow.wordpress.com...elief-minutes/ The ultimate smartphone!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper1010 View Post
    i was successful over chat, too. however, she told me to chat back on the 6th and order it through them. i said i heard that the phone wouldn't be available through telesales or web, and she said that was the only way. i didn't want to push my luck. moving up a month in upgrade so i can look cool in starbucks next to all the iphones is good enough.
    porked. chatted today and was told i could only get it in store; no online orders at all. called csr and complained to a manager and he basically said head to a corporate store and, if there were pres in stock, i'd get one based on the notes in my acct. we'll see.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I was in the same boat, was up for new phone on July 1. Took a chance bought the phone at full price & Sprint gave me a credit for $250 on my account and the $100 mail-in rebate.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234