Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I talked to retention, spent 30 minutes going through this subject and they say there I am only eligible for $75 and I have to pay around $500. I am out of contract for three years now and got my last phone 18 months ago. I told them that I am willing to sign up for a two year contract, upgrade to everything plan, and pay $275 for the phone, but the answer is no, I am not eligible for $100 mail in rebate or $200 instant rebate and I have to wait till October. I have been with Sprint for 9 years and on very good standing. At the end, I got transferred to his supervisor who was not there and I had to leave a vm. I guess I have to wait till next week and see what others say.
    Quote Originally Posted by DD007 View Post
    Just got my upgrade push back... Told ya'll it can be done.
    Dude, I used your script you posted to a T and it worked!!! I got mine moved up. Here is the transcript of when they approved it.

Agent (Donna W): "Thanks again for being so patient this evening. After reviewing your account, I do show that you are a Premier customer as you mentioned and you have good payment history and are ********** month away from your upgrade eligibility. As a one time courtesy on the ac"
    count, I will leave a detailed note to allow an early upgrade for line ******************* so that you can chat back in after **********/********** to order your device or visit your local Sprint Store and they will need to check for the note on the account to process your early up
    grade.

IF YOU WANT TO TRY THIS, USE DD007 SCRIPT THAT HE USED. THEY EVEN USE THE SAME RESPONSES, SO PLAY THE GAME AND GET TO A MANAGER. It took 1 hour from start to finish but it works for some.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I should be a jerk and buy every phone they have at that location and then sell them on ebay for $900 some fool will pay that much. Well the last guy I spoke to said to call back on the 6th.
    Guys if you havent heard before, emailing ecare is the best way I have noticed to get deals. I originally had an HTC Touch which sprint let me swap to a Diamond at no cost, then 2 days ago I asked about the Pre and asked for new subscriber pricing, I've only had this phone since November and do not qualify to upgrade until Sept. Sprint offered me new subscriber pricing at a drop of a hat. Took about 5 emails only.
    i was successful over chat, too. however, she told me to chat back on the 6th and order it through them. i said i heard that the phone wouldn't be available through telesales or web, and she said that was the only way. i didn't want to push my luck. moving up a month in upgrade so i can look cool in starbucks next to all the iphones is good enough.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    OMG!

Just tried chat again. It worked!! Although they said I had to order through online chat on Saturday. I'm going to the Sprint store on saturday morning to add another line onto my account, so I figure I might try to see if they will sell it to me there. If not I'll come home and order it through chat.
    Same boat fellas. Not eligible until August 1st.

Sucks.
  8.    #48  
    I spoke with ANOTHER Sprint rep last night and he told me that while he cannot do anything as far as moving up my eligibility he did say that the manager of the Sprint store is able to make that decision and manually override the system. He was very sure that this is the case so I will see if that works.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I was told by a telephone rep that I am not eligible for the $150 upgrade until July 1, but that I will get the $100 instant rebate and the $100 mail-in rebate for signing another 2-year contract. I can also get $50 for my Treo800w, so that brings the price down to $300.
    Quote Originally Posted by JonR88 View Post
    Ok, here's the deal, I am not eligible for my upgrade until July 1st 2009. Well, I really don't want to wait until then to buy a phone. I also would rather not spend $600.00 when I could get it for $200.00.

I would like to hear what you think I should do. I have a few ideas:

1. Buy it now for full price and use their 30 day return policy to return the phone July 1st and simply get a new one when I am eligible.

2. Open a new line, switch my current number over to the new line and then cancel my original line.

I am open to any and all suggestions. And if anyone sees any flaws in my thinking (which many usually do).
    This can all be eliminated by buying from a third party. Take this for example... buy the phone from Best Buy, Walmart or RadioShack and A) start a new line of service or B) Add a new line of service to your existing plan. Purchase the Pre for that new line, activate it in the Best Buy, Walmart or whatever, then leave.

At this point you have a few things going on:
    -You have a Pre for the discounted price. (Since there is an instant rebate at the 3rd party vendors and you are given an immediate $150 off for starting a new line.)
    -You have a new line of service which you can cancel within 30 days of activation at no cost.

A day or so later you do the following, call up Sprint and terminate the new line of service you started for the Pre. The Sprint rep will ask you, "have already returned the phone?" You will reply in the affirmative. Of course, you haven't, it's still in your hand. They'll proceed to send you to retentions where you'll have to ignore all of their offers to keep your line active. Finally, they'll terminate that line.

Now, the final step. You'll need to login to your sprint account from a computer, go to the line you want to activate the phone on and select "activate new device" or whatever the link is. Put in the ESN and as long as you have an everything plan, the phone will activate.

Disclaimer: Obviously this is shady business, but it's the only answer for people who are not eligible for an upgrade anytime soon. Hope this helps, and hope I don't get flamed too badly for being immoral = ( I'm just tired of being screwed on new phone pricing.

FURTHERMORE: I do not intend for this method to be used in order to get a phone you can sell for profit. I only posted this so that people who want the Pre, but cannot afford it until their upgrade comes around, can get it now.
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by celsian View Post
    This can all be eliminated by buying from a third party. Take this for example... buy the phone from Best Buy, Walmart or RadioShack and A) start a new line of service or B) Add a new line of service to your existing plan. Purchase the Pre for that new line, activate it in the Best Buy, Walmart or whatever, then leave.

At this point you have a few things going on:
    -You have a Pre for the discounted price. (Since there is an instant rebate at the 3rd party vendors and you are given an immediate $150 off for starting a new line.)
    -You have a new line of service which you can cancel within 30 days of activation at no cost.

A day or so later you do the following, call up Sprint and terminate the new line of service you started for the Pre. The Sprint rep will ask you, "have already returned the phone?" You will reply in the affirmative. Of course, you haven't, it's still in your hand. They'll proceed to send you to retentions where you'll have to ignore all of their offers to keep your line active. Finally, they'll terminate that line.

Now, the final step. You'll need to login to your sprint account from a computer, go to the line you want to activate the phone on and select "activate new device" or whatever the link is. Put in the ESN and as long as you have an everything plan, the phone will activate.

Disclaimer: Obviously this is shady business, but it's the only answer for people who are not eligible for an upgrade anytime soon. Hope this helps, and hope I don't get flamed too badly for being immoral = ( I'm just tired of being screwed on new phone pricing.

FURTHERMORE: I do not intend for this method to be used in order to get a phone you can sell for profit. I only posted this so that people who want the Pre, but cannot afford it until their upgrade comes around, can get it now.
    Too much work and you are right, that is a bit shady. I got a final email back tonight that told me to go ahead and buy the phone at full price and then email ecare back and they will credit my account 350 dollars.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JonR88 View Post
    Too much work and you are right, that is a bit shady. I got a final email back tonight that told me to go ahead and buy the phone at full price and then email ecare back and they will credit my account 350 dollars.
    I just got the same exact deal as Jon did!! No waiting until 7/1 for me anymore!
    bummer, good luck!
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I emailed sprint and the results were better not great but better:

However, considering your long term association with us we are offering
    you early upgrade offer.

Please purchase the new handset at the Sprint store and get it billed to
    your account. Once you purchase the new handset please reply with the
    confirmation and we will match the online price. (apply the difference
    credit).

notice the "apply the difference credit" part so I guess I wont be getting a refund just a credit to my account.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    I tried chatting with eCare just now.....I got nothing. I'll ask again while at the Sprint store. Perhaps if I'm about to hand them money they will be more open to the idea.
    Looks like any of us that are getting early approval are kind of screwed. They are not allowing anyone to order via chat (Like my chat session said) or phone. I have asked 4 chat and 1 telephone CSR and they have all said the same thing. Looks like we are waiting....
    Quote Originally Posted by poopsie View Post
    Looks like any of us that are getting early approval are kind of screwed. They are not allowing anyone to order via chat (Like my chat session said) or phone. I have asked 4 chat and 1 telephone CSR and they have all said the same thing. Looks like we are waiting....
    had you previously been told that you could upgrade early and order through chat? maybe that was a limited offer and they've maxed out. i'm still trying it tomorrow, and i have my original chat transcript ready for cut/paste.
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper1010 View Post
    had you previously been told that you could upgrade early and order through chat? maybe that was a limited offer and they've maxed out. i'm still trying it tomorrow, and i have my original chat transcript ready for cut/paste.
    Yeah, here is the C/P from it:

"I understand. You may also purchase it at a local **********rd party store that will carry the Pre like a Best Buy or Radio Shack, however, they would need to be able to access your Sprint account to view the note for your early upgrade. I would best recommend tha"
    t you chat in so that we can easily view the exception note to process your early upgrade.
    hmmmm...i 'd wait until tomorrow, then call shenanigans when they welch, cutting and pasting your original chat. i'm gonna raise holly hell (chat style; whatever that means) if this doesn't work for me tomorrow. i'm not gonna be able to do it until around 3 or 4 o'clock, however.
    Talked with a Bus. Premier CSR today. Gave her my situation which is...eligible for $75 reduction on 7/1/09....not eligible for $150 reduction until 5/10. Question was what type of pricing can I get at the store tomorrow? Answer.....$549.99 - $100 MIR! And if I sign-up for another 2yr contract? Answer...It won't matter. So bottom line is wait until 7/1, buy Pre for $549.99 - $75.00 and then send in $100MIR. that seems the cheapest way for me to go. Hey, have waited since CES, I guess I can wait another 4 weeks.

All the best to all of you who will be smiling tomorrow morning.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast