1.    #1  
    How will you tell the story of Pre day?

And so it came to pass, one fine day at the end of spring, the marathon became a sprint. And those that knew gathered, gathered just before dawn that fine day. Not all in one place, but in small groups – 10, 20 and 100 – gathered on thousands of sidewalks and strip malls all across the great land, connected in the now by their network.

The rest of America knew nothing of the gathering. Waiting for latte at Starbucks, they gazed across the parking lot wondering if Sprint was hiring or if there was a Father’s day sale at Best Buy.

And as the morning passed, each hour the gathered shared with their brothers and sisters to the east a new wave of joy. Trusty Treos everywhere reading their final forum posts, “I got mine, I got mine.” Finally, as the hour arrived, lines everywhere in that great time zone rose up and cheered, “Pre at last! Pre at last! Thank Palm almighty, It’s Pre at last!”

Just then, I walked in and bought a new phone.
    Awesome! Well written. I can't wait!
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    So is 'pre-day' the day the Pre is released or the day before the Pre is released?
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    So is 'pre-day' the day the Pre is released or the day before the Pre is released?
    I do believe that would be Pre Day Eve...
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Is this like Xeno's paradox? "On Pre-day the Pre is still one day away." Curse you!

I will begin my tale like so:

Call me, Ishmael. Or text me. Or IM me. Whatev.
    Quote Originally Posted by mlisook View Post

And so it came to pass, one fine day at the end of spring, the marathon became a sprint. And those that knew gathered, gathered just before dawn that fine day. Not all in one place, but in small groups – 10, 20 and 100 – gathered on thousands of sidewalks and strip malls all across the great land, connected in the now by their network.

The rest of America knew nothing of the gathering. Waiting for latte at Starbucks, they gazed across the parking lot wondering if Sprint was hiring or if there was a Father’s day sale at Best Buy.

And as the morning passed, each hour the gathered shared with their brothers and sisters to the east a new wave of joy. Trusty Treos everywhere reading their final forum posts, “I got mine, I got mine.” Finally, as the hour arrived, lines everywhere in that great time zone rose up and cheered, “Pre at last! Pre at last! Thank Palm almighty, It’s Pre at last!”

What phone did you walk in to get? Did you get a free one that came with the upgrade? A nice little flip maybe? BTW, nice writing.
    I'm reading this to my children Friday night before bed.

No, seriously.

8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    What phone did you walk in to get? Did you get a free one that came with the upgrade? A nice little flip maybe? BTW, nice writing.
    I'm thinkin the Rant. Comes in lots of cool colors!
    To PRE or not to PRE...is the question.
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    To PRE or not to PRE...is the question.
    That is the easiest question I have ever came across...
    Can't wait for the updates!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    LMAO.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    so is pre day suppose to be a national holiday now.....
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Nice writing!
    Quote Originally Posted by mlisook View Post

...and 8 minutes later, with Pre supplies exhausted, 40 of my new line-acquaintances left empty handed with the hope that the next delivery/wait-in-line might prove more fruitful for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    ...and 8 minutes later supplies exhausted
    Sounds like what my wife is always complaining about. Hey Hey!! Just kidding
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.