View Poll Results: Would you pay $100 more for a 16GB Pre?

Voters
229. You may not vote on this poll
  • Probably YES

119 51.97%
  • Probably NO

110 48.03%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I said no, but I think Palm should have the option available for those that want it.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Well... I'd love 16GB personally since I just like the fact I have the space to add videos and such. My music doesn't take up that much so I should be in the clear though. A 32GB Pre and I'd be set for YEARS.
    Try as I have - I am still not a "phone as a media player" kind of guy. And with the battery as it is, I probably will not change much with the Pre. I'll use Pandora, but I really do not need all of the 8gb. I have about 2gb of music I like to listen to in batches of time - I use playlists. Could care less about having my music library with me at all times - or movies for that matter.

The poll is running pretty close - but I could certainly see why people would want more space - and I still wonder myself why they just didn't go to 16gb out-of-the-gate.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    man do we want the world..... 7gb+ is enough for me.... i never filled up the 2gb sd card for my instinct... i still have my zune if i want a full time music player.... i'll just put the best of the best on my pre or listen to pandora
    a lot of people have said it already, but $50 would be worth the doubled space. i have a 16gb card in my wm device now, 13 gb used. i would love and use 16 gb of memory, but i will be able to live with 8... i think...
    sorry you have such little need for space. and very happy 8gb is more than enough for you. I have an 8gb Sansa Clip and a 32gb Creative Zen. Give me 16gb and I would carry both a lot less and use the Clip purely as a running and paddling player. I still have my 80gb zune as a portable library and home player.

"we want the world"
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8addicted View Post
    man do we want the world..... 7gb+ is enough for me.... i never filled up the 2gb sd card for my instinct... i still have my zune if i want a full time music player.... i'll just put the best of the best on my pre or listen to pandora
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  7.    #47  
    imagine having to carry 8 or even 16 of these in your pocket.

Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    8GB is fine for me.
    possibly.
    I would perhaps pay $50 more for a miniSD card slot, but not for 8gb more memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    I never understood, even on the iphone, using a phone as your primary music player, which I feel would be a semi requirement to necessitate that much space. With programs like slingbox, orb, dropbox, and other cloud technologies, the real benefit is in STREAMING content, not in housing it on the device....
    I'll have to look into streaming. I'm assuming there are apps that let you upload (or link) your own mp3 collections to the cloud, then stream them from anywhere???

As far as using the device as one's primary media player...Why not? If it's capable then I'd think one would want to leverage it to the fullest extent. Not to do so would be almost like still walking around in 2009 with a cell phone and a pager. (not knocking all the doctors out there who have to still carry pagers - your requirement is warranted)

I own no media players other than my Palm. No iPod, no Zune, no nothing. I like it that way. Just one single device from which I do EVERYTHING.

My pre-cioussssssss... One phone to rule them all.
    I'm with Derek on this one. My initial thought upon reading the poll was, no, I'd pay $50 for 16GB, maybe up to $150 for 32GB even, but, I have a feeling that if there was a 16GB version being released right now for $300, I don't think I'd be able to resist.
    I'd much rather see an expansion slot...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    I would get the 16gb. No doubt. well worth it to me.
    I would definitely not want to pay $100 more for 16GB but again when given the option on hand … I would do it … better to have too much space than not enough.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I would rather have less flash memory and a micro SDHC slot. That would be ideal...otherwise, no. 8GB is fine, I just can't store most of my music on there.
    The only thing that would tempt me to pay up for 16 GB is the fact that the top model of any handset re-sells much quicker than the base model. Otherwise, I have no need for more than 8 GB.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    It's a no from me *for now*. If the battery works well enough to eliminate carrying my mp3 player, then I could use the space, otherwise it's no big deal.

What I would pay $50 more for is the 2nd generation release with MicroSD slot!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    imagine having to carry 8 or even 16 of these in your pocket.

I'm just trying to figure out how to shove 8 of those giant SD cards into the slot where my current 8GB microSD goes.
    I would be willing, but i would much rather pay 100 more for a removeable card (No - i am not starting that discussion again)
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast