Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    I did a little mockup of the browser compared to the iPhone and tried to get the dimensions pretty close. This is where the physical keyboard and gesture area really come in handy. By allowing you to type you don't need the address bar at top and with the gesture area you don't need the back and forth buttons at the bottom. This is really encouraging as you effectively have MORE screen real estate for the important information.

UPDATE: Included the latest picture with iPhone address bar and without. When you first go to a web page the address bar is there until you scroll down.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jayzun; 06/03/2009 at 10:26 AM.
    Nice work!!!
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Mobile site vs a regular one? No offense but that really isn't a fair comparison. Thanks for doing the work for it but I don't think its a very good comparison.
    is it possible to post them with the same browser page open for better comparison purposes?
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Mobile site vs a regular one? No offense but that really isn't a fair comparison. Thanks for doing the work for it but I don't think its a very good comparison.
    It's not about the content, but you can see the actual area AVAILABLE for the web browser.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin C View Post
    is it possible to post them with the same browser page open for better comparison purposes?
    Sure, get me a Palm Pre and I will be glad to do that.

Also, maybe someone can upload a screenshot of the Time site on the iPhone and I could do that.
    Last edited by jayzun; 06/03/2009 at 08:06 AM.
    I think he means a better comparison from the Iphone. Looks like the Iphone screen is looking at a Mobile page and not an actual web page in the browser.

Looks like the PRE's web browser is nearly the same to OPERA mini. There is no address bar on the screen....its not really needed as you can easy go to the menu button and get an address bar screen.
    so on the Pre how do you actully type in a website, do you just start typing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Even after Titan's post I still don't see how what you are saying matters. It's about the display size, not content.

However, I do believe that the top bar ca disappear, so it would be nice if it was shown both ways.

Either way, the Pre's screen isn't really small.
    Nice job!
    someone with an Iphone go to times website and post a picture.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    so on the Pre how do you actully type in a website, do you just start typing.
    Yes, you just start typing.
    Don't know if I'm doing this right but here it goes...

[QUOTE=lopezpm;1631953]Don't know if I'm doing this right but here it goes...

cant see picture so I reposted it. Hey Jayzun can you make a comparison to this picture side by side.

not trying to be the fly in the ointment.. but.. I use the iTouch only in landscape mode when viewing web pages..

it is just to small in portrait mode.

is it just me, or would it be better to show comparison in landscape?
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Here you go.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fbeaumont View Post
    not trying to be the fly in the ointment.. but.. I use the iTouch only in landscape mode when viewing web pages..

it is just to small in portrait mode.

is it just me, or would it be better to show comparison in landscape?
    In landscape mode, it would be even more in the Pre's favor as the address bar and back and forth buttons take up quite a bit of the real estate. Of course, as you scroll further down a page the address bar goes away but this is the initial state when you bring up a web page.
    Wow I have to say I'm impressed, thanks Jayzun, I would probably post this picture on top of your thread.
    Good stuff - been trying to visualize this myself as we have 2 iPod Touch's in the house. Thanks.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    i dont mind small fonts, and pre screen is top notch, it wouldnt be hard to read
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast