Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 93
  1. jayzun's Avatar
    Posts
    192 Posts
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
       #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by no1smartphone View Post
    So the browser does not have mutiple tabs? To open a new page you need to load another installation of the browser?
    From what I remember from the emulator videos you could do both options.

    Edit: Guess my memory sucks.
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by no1smartphone View Post
    So the browser does not have mutiple tabs? To open a new page you need to load another installation of the browser?
    Correct. But it's not like a browser with tons of chrome that takes up a lot of memory. Running separate instances will barely be more than the data loaded in them!

    Google Chrome runs completely different processes for each tab, and is probably the fastest browser out there.

    Quote Originally Posted by jayzun View Post
    From what I remember from the emulator videos you could do both options.
    Never seen such a thing, in fact in the vids they say that you just open a new card.
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmeray View Post
    this is good to note. however, while we are noting pros & cons, when you are working with the PRE in landscape mode, there still is no keyboard to use, correct? You have to physically flip it back to portrait in order to type (unless there was some revelation i missed). Depending upon what you are viewing, doing, via web, this may or may not be a big deal. If you are doing some type of multiple searches/etc, i can imagine the constant flipping might get annoying.

    I too find it interesting that the PRE (smaller screen) and iPhone, show such similar real estate. Any chance we can get this in Landscape for comparison?
    It would probably be a little awkward to get used to, but I'm sure the physical keyboard still works in landscape.
  4. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #64  
    no copy and paste in browser !!!!
    at least , can it invoke phone APP when you click on a phone link in the browser ?Does
  5. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #65  
    jayzun
    How is the zoom in zoom out compared to iPhone ?
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    no copy and paste in browser !!!!
    at least , can it invoke phone APP when you click on a phone link in the browser ?Does
    I hope so. I really like that feature of my BB. Addresses load up maps, and 10 digit numbers load up the dialer. Really handy when searching google, or there is a number in an e-mail signature.
  7. jayzun's Avatar
    Posts
    192 Posts
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
       #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    no copy and paste in browser !!!!
    at least , can it invoke phone APP when you click on a phone link in the browser ?Does
    There's copy and paste, but just for the form fields, etc...any editable text.
  8. atlanta's Avatar
    Posts
    324 Posts
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    #68  
    Also the pre goes into further full screen mode which is probably little more bigger than that
  9. #69  
    Ok I posted this in another forum but I believe it now applies.

    Pre applications run similar to Mozilla Prism applications on the desktop?

    Pre apps run within a site specific browser ( which can be launched independently of the default web browser).

    Essentially SSB are Web browsers without the menus or chrome and can access only one site/source.

    So if Pre Apps run as SSB using standard HTML, Javascript, Css and webkit as the default browser

    Someone can correct me if I am wrong. But the web/os is essentially a web server sitting ontop of a linux kernel with access to a set of services.

    So this is why there are no tabs - its mutiple SSB.
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    no copy and paste in browser !!!!
    at least , can it invoke phone APP when you click on a phone link in the browser ?Does
    Yes it can place a phone call when you click on a phone number in the browser.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

    Sprint customer since 2001
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    It would probably be a little awkward to get used to, but I'm sure the physical keyboard still works in landscape.
    For me that would be more than awkward, that would be tough. I never even though about trying it. I'm going to have enough trouble getting used to typing on a physical keyboard. If you can do it, that would be sweet. I would love to see a video of someone typing like that.
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by no1smartphone View Post
    Someone can correct me if I am wrong. But the web/os is essentially a web server sitting ontop of a linux kernel with access to a set of services.
    I'd say that sounds about right!

    Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    Yes it can place a phone call when you click on a phone number in the browser.
    AWESOME NEWS!

    Ok, it's good news. Would not have been a deal breaker, but still nice.

    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    For me that would be more than awkward, that would be tough. I never even though about trying it. I'm going to have enough trouble getting used to typing on a physical keyboard. If you can do it, that would be sweet. I would love to see a video of someone typing like that.
    I am sure you could. Why would they lock out the keyboard input based on orientation, it doesn't make any sense. Doesn't mean that I won't be rotating it back to type, just saying I am pretty confident it will be possible.
  13. Yalcib's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by no1smartphone View Post
    So the browser does not have mutiple tabs? To open a new page you need to load another installation of the browser?
    I think it is actually just another card managed by the same browser app...
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    Correct. But it's not like a browser with tons of chrome that takes up a lot of memory. Running separate instances will barely be more than the data loaded in them!

    Google Chrome runs completely different processes for each tab, and is probably the fastest browser out there.


    Never seen such a thing, in fact in the vids they say that you just open a new card.
    In the videos all you have to do is click the top left menu and there's an option to open a new card.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

    Sprint customer since 2001
  15. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    I hope so. I really like that feature of my BB. Addresses load up maps, and 10 digit numbers load up the dialer. Really handy when searching google, or there is a number in an e-mail signature.
    I love the feature on my WinMo.
    Also OPERA mobile on WinMo lets you copy the entire web page !!!

    I hope PALM adds this functionality soon
  16. jayzun's Avatar
    Posts
    192 Posts
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
       #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    jayzun
    How is the zoom in zoom out compared to iPhone ?
    I don't have one, just grabbed a screenshot that palmgoon posted from an emulator.
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    I am sure you could. Why would they lock out the keyboard input based on orientation, it doesn't make any sense. Doesn't mean that I won't be rotating it back to type, just saying I am pretty confident it will be possible.
    I didn't mean that hey would lock it out. That would be stupid. I meant actually typing on it with out rotating it around. Like turning you're keyboard 90 degrees and typing away.
  18. #78  
    Everyone once in a while has been using tabbed browsing and you get some poor javascript which either takes your cpu to 100% or crashes the browser.

    With this SSB - one site per browser and no mutiple tabs - you will only lose that site which had the poor javascript.

    Google Chrome does this - it has sep processing and mem for each tab to run the Javascript so you dont need to reload the browser if you have 1 site that has some Javascript from hell.

    Perhaps this is why a lot of friends I know who use the Iphone complain about the browser crashing alot?
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    I didn't mean that hey would lock it out. That would be stupid. I meant actually typing on it with out rotating it around. Like turning you're keyboard 90 degrees and typing away.
    That would be pretty awkward. I would spend more time trying to type that way then simply rotating it. Maybe for a quick number input or something small it would be fine. As I mentioned in another thread, I browse mostly portrait anyway and rotate to landscape to zoom because portrait scrolls faster.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

    Sprint customer since 2001
  20. #80  
    I'm coming from a Centro, so the screen size and keyboard will be an upgrade for me. Also when I saw the Pre side by side with a Centro I couldn't believe how small it is and I bet a lot of people will be surprised by its size.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions