Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Here it is with address bar and without. The white space around the pre screen is the equivalent area you're missing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm not a fan of the rounded corners on the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    for future reference why wasn't the pic I posted earlier working? What did I do wrong?
    You have to embed the actually Image Address and not the page the image is on. For the pic you posted it was http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2444/...88537a1154.jpg
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    weird I love the rounded corners
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Yeah I like the way it looks but might grow tired of it. Would be nice to have an option. As it is now, it looks like you couldnt click on the home button up top.
  6. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzun View Post
    Here it is with address bar and without. The white space around the pre screen is the equivalent area you're missing.
    Thank you sir,

You made my day , I am getting one , and not going to regret about the screen size
    Yeah I like the way it looks but might grow tired of it. Would be nice to have an option. As it is now, it looks like you couldnt click on the home button up top.
    I was thinking the same thing. Maybe you can scroll up a tad... I don't know. I find it hard to believe they wouldn't address this, it's a pretty simple issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Maybe you can scroll up a tad... I don't know. I find it hard to believe they wouldn't address this, it's a pretty simple issue.
    Yeah it wouldn't be an issue because panned out it's too small anyway. You could just zoom in and home should be pretty visible. Even on my Touch I can barely get home when panned out.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Just to be a little pedantic - for a true comparison we need the same pages loaded. Ie the exact same page not the Times home page.

Then it's easier to compare exactly how much of the screen you can see with the Pre v Iphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by no1smartphone View Post
    Just to be a little pedantic - for a true comparison we need the same pages loaded. Ie the exact same page not the Times home page.

Then it's easier to compare exactly how much of the screen you can see with the Pre v Iphone.
    Agree, but the Pre is not that easy to get you hands on at the moment.

Even if it's not the exact same page it's exact same layout. The pics, texts, and ads are all in the same places. It's good enough to make the comparison.

12. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    For me the whole web page on Pre thing is comparable to iPhone.
    Would I love a 4 inch screen ? yes
    Am I going to be happy with Pre browsing experience ? Yeah.
  13. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    Even if it's not the exact same page it's exact same layout. The pics, texts, and ads are all in the same places. It's good enough to make the comparison.
    Yup,
    looks like the magic of ex APPLE folks worked here.
  14. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    speaking of which
    the bottom status bar is missing on Pre.
    Its got those two icons for back and reload.

how do you open new tabs ?
    Can you select text on the web page and do copy paste ?
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    speaking of which

No such thing as a tab within the browser - you just open up a new browser. The option to do this might be available from the menu in the top left corner. Otherwise, you can just have it in your quick launch.

No copy and paste in the browser - yet. I bet they add this asap.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    speaking of which

Those buttons are there in the images...

New 'tabs' by opening a new browser card.

I believe you cannot select text in web pages, and therefor cannot copy/paste. This has been a complaint by people who have used it at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    I agree but to the masses they will see 3.5" bigger than 3.1" so better.

If I showed this screen showing the exact page and pointed out clearly you can see at least the same amount of data then it would be easier to get the message across.

Like it or not the first people to own the Pre will be the first to sell its benefits.
    So the browser does not have mutiple tabs? To open a new page you need to load another installation of the browser?
    Here you go.
    I'm really excited to see this. Screen size has been a worry of mine about the Pre. At least I know now that web pages will be usable. Still think I'll be envious of iPhone users when they bring up photos on their larger screen.
    So the browser does not have mutiple tabs? To open a new page you need to load another installation of the browser?
    correct
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast