Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    This discounts any webpages where you're doing more than reading-- typing, for instance.

Nearly half the iphone screen will be taken up by the keyboard.
    ya we know that but this is a good display comparison
    The Pre looks pretty good to me!
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Ok a few things I'd like to add. One, I find it weird that the Pre shows more page when zoomed out than the iPhone. Two, don't forget that the Pre in portrait mode always has the top black banner with time, signal, etc., whereas in landscape mode, it does not. This means you get an even wider view when turned sideways.
    [QUOTE=dkotoric1;1631962]
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    Don't know if I'm doing this right but here it goes...

cant see picture so I reposted it. Hey Jayzun can you make a comparison to this picture side by side.

Thanks for reposting it for me.
    It looks like the Pre is a bit narrower than the Iphone in portrait mode. but because it displays more information its on par or better.
  7. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzun View Post
    Here you go.
    thanks man,
    can you scroll the page a bit on iPhone then take another picture then compare it please.
  8. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Outrigger View Post
    It looks like the Pre is a bit narrower than the Iphone in portrait mode. but because it displays more information its on par or better.
    yup I noted that too,
    its a bit narrower
    We should also say that since the Pre and iPhone have the same screen resolution, there's a substantial difference in the number of pixels the Pre is using for webpages vs. iPhone.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by notabun View Post
    .... whereas in landscape mode, it does not. This means you get an even wider view when turned sideways.
    this is good to note. however, while we are noting pros & cons, when you are working with the PRE in landscape mode, there still is no keyboard to use, correct? You have to physically flip it back to portrait in order to type (unless there was some revelation i missed). Depending upon what you are viewing, doing, via web, this may or may not be a big deal. If you are doing some type of multiple searches/etc, i can imagine the constant flipping might get annoying.

I too find it interesting that the PRE (smaller screen) and iPhone, show such similar real estate. Any chance we can get this in Landscape for comparison?
    - Jabra JX10
    - IBM Thinkpad
    - Hot chick Avatar

...ahhh, life is good.
    Here you go.
    I have to say, if that mock-up is accurate, I am very excited for the Pre's browser experience. It actually gives you more viewing space than the iPhone, at least in this render.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Also, the actual resolution between the two is identical - 320 x 480. I just keep reminding myself that although the screen size is smaller, I'll essentially be working with the same amount of available info on the screen at once, where it looks like the Pre gives you more due to a less intrusive interface.
    From my iPod Touch. Here are a few more pics you can use:

Portrait without the Address Bar. Most of the time you don't see it since you scroll down.

Landscape with the Address Bar

Landscape without the Address Bar
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    i have a htc touch diamond with a VGA resolution screen 640x480 and its
    really overkill, at first i thought, great i can fit almost half the page at once and still have all the info shown on the screen. But although it is true, you still have to zoom in and click links. I do have to say one area that is good about the VGA resolution, is that the text is crystal clear. i can pretty much read 4-5 sized font. I cant wait to get my pre
    Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    From my iPod Touch. Here are a few more pics you can use:

Vertical without the Address Bar. Most of the time you don't see it since you scroll down.

Horizontal with the Address Bar

Horizontal without the Address Bar
    hmm how about a side by side comparison without the address bar.

Here you go. My comparison is different though because it's appears as the same resolution. I didn't make the Pre's smaller to try to make it 3.1". I think this is better though because you can really see that the Pre shows a little more in portrait view even if there's no address bar in Safari.
    Last edited by EeZeEpEe; 06/03/2009 at 09:48 AM.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    I don't have any landscape browser screen captures from the Pre.
    I don't have any landscape browser screen captures from the Pre.
    Yeah I can't find any landscape screen captures either.

I think they look close enough to me that coming from the iPhone should be a nice transition.
    for future reference why wasn't the pic I posted earlier working? What did I do wrong?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast