1.    #1  
    Ok if I was reading this post I wouldnt believe it...but it actually happened today.

My bro Austin (forum member; austin.n) had heard about the touchstones being out for pre-sale (pun intended) and while shopping at a Best Buy store asked an employee if they had them. To his surprise the guy told him no... but offered to show him a demo phone! After he played with it and texted me, I decided I had to come down to have a look for myself. I honestly thought he was pulling my chain.

I was wrong.

After holding the phone...which was a totally functioning, non-activated pre, I had some thoughts;

1. It was a lot more solid than I feared it was going to be after reading a couple of reviews that said it was "plasticiky"
    2. The keyboard seemed awesome...though I didnt actually type with them...just pretended to.
    3. Above all - what surprised us both was how much smaller it was in person than what we had been seeing in videos online. We still loved it and think the form will be nice in our pockets...hopefully the screen size will still be satisfactory once we see things on it.
    Nice pics, but he guy in the red shirt looks like he needs wet naps......the A* hat wearing dude just needs help...

I am still surprised that people expect the Pre to be some sort of gigantic phone! Must be because in all the videos, the camera is usually zoomed in on the Pre, so it makes it look larger than it is. I looked at the specs early on, and also used the Phonearena.com comparison tool, so I won't be surprised if the Pre is only slightly larger than my current Sprint Touch!

Lucky ******* for getting to see one early...as for me, I don't want to have to go home empty handed, the first Pre that I will see, will be the one I will be taking home with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo7 View Post
    Nice pics, but he guy in the red shirt looks like he needs wet naps......the A* hat wearing dude just needs help...

the real question is "what does the guy in your picture need?"
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    ^dude that's a chick wait a minute, yea it's a chick I think......lmfao.....that's a scary question, it's a random google pic.
  6.    #6  

Why do I need wet naps? And yes Austin needs help for sure....
    ^dude that's a chick wait a minute, yea it's a chick I think......lmfao.....that's a scary question, it's a random google pic.
    LOL these somewhat serious threads always take a turn for the insane. It never fails!
    ^godsidekurt you got the pre-orgasmic look on your face..

just joshing you brosorry for the thread jack...
    So basically today has been the day of completely uneducated Best Buy employees breaking NDA and the release rules left and right?

That's intense. I feel like going to the local Best Buy and asking for a Pre, odds are they'll just give it to me.
    Palm III -> Visor Prism -> Dell Axim X30 Hi -> HTC Apache -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch Pro

Ev-Do Rev. A Tethered on my TP:
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    ya! it was amazing! like Godsidekurt said, it was a lot smaller then i thought it would be but then i look at the pictures again and it looks big, but wow, was i a happy guy today!
    Quote Originally Posted by BatFastard View Post
    LOL these somewhat serious threads always take a turn for the insane. It never fails!
    Yep, it is called lack of Pre syndrome.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Yep, it is called lack of Pre syndrome.
    That is also painfully obvious in the selection of new threads created with all sorts of ridiculous subjects...

"Will my new Pre cure my terrible body odor?????" (a made up example)

Seriously!
    Quote Originally Posted by BatFastard View Post
    That is also painfully obvious in the selection of new threads created with all sorts of ridiculous subjects...

"Will my new Pre cure my terrible body odor?????" (a made up example)

Seriously!
    Maybe McNamee can state that claim in their next Pre commercial.
    ^Hey, a Sprint CS rep PROMISED me the pre would cure halitosis/bad breath, so it HAS to be Official. He had an internal memo and everything!!
    Quote Originally Posted by pullbangdead View Post
    ^Hey, a Sprint CS rep PROMISED me the pre would cure halitosis/bad breath, so it HAS to be Official. He had an internal memo and everything!!
    No App could do that! Zing!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    No App could do that! Zing!
    You sure about that: Listerine announces application for Palm Pre