Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by fgkay View Post
    Heads-up on the Catonsville store: when I picked up my Pre last week, the rep that set up my service added insurance (TEP) without ever asking if I wanted it. I saw it on my account online this week and deleted it.
    This is the first phone I've gotten TEP on. The combination of the cost and the newness of the device made me think it was worth it. If it turns out there are some design flaws or something I want a quick swap no questions asked.
    I was able to get mine in Columbia last week. I put myself on multiple waitlists in the region lol.
    I'm on the Columbia list. When I was placed on the 11th, there were 80 ahead of me. Today (18th) there are only 30.
    They said they've been getting in about 8 units every other day. I figure it will be about a week and a half before I come to the top of the list.

I'm so upset there was that mix-up on Release day. Because of it, I'm going get my Pre almost a month later than I hoped.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I'm also in Columbia. I called the Sprint store on Dobbin Rd last week and got on a waiting list for me and my daughter. Tuesday the 16th I was home sick from work and just got the idea to call the store in the Columbia Mall at 11:30 am. The clerk said they'd just gotten six in that morning, so we rushed over and got two. While ours were being activated and we were setting up our profiles, another one was sold at the other register. There went half the day's shipment before noon.
    I was @ the Columbia (Dobbin Ctr) store last night to p/u my replacement and the rep told me that the wait list is shrinking every day. I suppose this is a sign that they are catching up with demand.

BTW, replacement phone has really loose slider; I'm back on the list for another. Bummed!
    Like I've stated before, if anyone is looking for one still, keep calling Columbia Mall location, they've been getting shipments of 6-10 almost everyday. Their waitlist has practically no one on the list as they've called customers and most have already picked one up from another location.
    Quote Originally Posted by fgkay View Post
    I was @ the Columbia (Dobbin Ctr) store last night to p/u my replacement and the rep told me that the wait list is shrinking every day. I suppose this is a sign that they are catching up with demand.

BTW, replacement phone has really loose slider; I'm back on the list for another. Bummed!
    Quote Originally Posted by vicn77 View Post
    Like I've stated before, if anyone is looking for one still, keep calling Columbia Mall location, they've been getting shipments of 6-10 almost everyday. Their waitlist has practically no one on the list as they've called customers and most have already picked one up from another location.

Just got off the phone with both Dobbin Rd and the Columbia Mall locations, neither had any in stock. It'd be quite the hike for me to travel all the way to Columbia from DC, but it'd be a worthwhile trip.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neoGTR22 View Post
    Just got off the phone with both Dobbin Rd and the Columbia Mall locations, neither had any in stock. It'd be quite the hike for me to travel all the way to Columbia from DC, but it'd be a worthwhile trip.
    You need to do like I did, call them at around 11-11:30am. They're selling out fast during the day. Now if I can just find a Touchstone to go with it. They're as hard to find as the phone!
    I placed myself on multiple lists in the area and noone's called since. I was able to purchase the phone online via my corporate site and recieved it next day delivery. So much for the waitlist approach.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    Yeah. I got on the wait list two weeks ago last Friday. Starting on week three of the wait.
    Still waiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrath View Post
    Still waiting.
    Have you called the Columbia Mall store? They had about 15 on Friday.
    Finally! I've got one in my hot little hand.
    Though I am annoyed that the store had me on their waiting list but didn't call me. I called them up myself to find out where I was on the list, only to discover that they had some in stock. I immediately used a half-day of Personal Time Off and left work to burn rubber to the store.

Now I'm getting to know the little beauty. And sweating with the knowledge brought by reading all the horror stories on this forum. No dead pixels I can see, not much oreo wobble. I'm just terrified I'll pull it out of my armored pouch one fine morning and find that the screen has cracked.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Any one in maryland know how to and are willing to do the rooting thing for us non linux people
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123