Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 54
  1. domer's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    #21  
    On my way to my office this afternoon (around 1pm) I stopped at a small non-corporate Sprint store that I always pass, but have never gone to. I figured after my unremarkable trip to the corporate store down the block from my office yesterday, I might as well try this place.

    To make a long story short, I got on a list (there were two open spaces left at the time), and the manager guaranteed me a phone. The only catch is that I have to be there before 2pm. After that, all bets are off, and he said he could no longer hold it. He said that they started the list this morning, after the NDA was lifted.

    I asked several times if this guaranteed me a Pre on Saturday morning, and each time he said yes.

    At this point I'm so confused by all the stuff I've read, I don't really know what to believe.

    Guess I'll see Saturday morning. I'll still go by early, so should things not pan out I'll head over to the corporate store about a mile away.
    Last edited by domer; 06/04/2009 at 10:05 PM.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by domer View Post
    On my way to my office this afternoon (around 1pm) I stopped at a small non-corporate Sprint store that I always pass, but have never gone to. I figured after my unremarkable trip to the corporate store down the block from my office yesterday, I might as well try this place.

    To make a long story short, I got on a list (there were two open spaces left at the time), and the manager guaranteed me a phone. The only catch is that I have to be there before 2pm. After that, all bets are off, and he said he could no longer hold it. He said that they started the list this morning, after the NDA was lifted.

    I asked several times if this guaranteed me a Pre on Saturday morning, and each time he said yes.

    At this point I'm so confused by all the stuff I've read, I don't really know what to believe.

    Guess I'll see Saturday morning. I'll still go by early, so should things not pan out I'll head over to the corporate store about a mile away.
    Good luck! I hope it does pan out for you -- I was thinking of trying the same thing (a non-corporate that I always pass on my way to work)...maybe I'll give it a shot. The Sprint Store that I was considering is not that promising...
  3. #23  
    I stopped at Sprint Store in Arunde Mills. He said the mall stores were opening at 10am but free standing stores were opening at 8am. He did comment their was plenty of stock.
  4. Kadafy's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    #24  
    Went past my sprint store not too long ago. Lights are still on and they are in there setting up. The wait is over
  5. domer's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by umezoom View Post
    Good luck! I hope it does pan out for you -- I was thinking of trying the same thing (a non-corporate that I always pass on my way to work)...maybe I'll give it a shot. The Sprint Store that I was considering is not that promising...
    Thanks, same to you...same to everyone!

    Ok, I feel a bit foolish getting this excited over a phone, but I can't help it
  6. #26  
    It's 5:30 in the AM and I'm about to head out to the Inner Harbor to hopefully get a PRE!!!
  7. Kadafy's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    #27  
    I just drove bby the sprint store in west view plaza off of 40. Empty parking lot. I'm headed to laurel because I got one on hold
  8. Kadafy's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    #28  
    At the sprint store in laurel there are about 15 people in line. Sprint just walked in and said there's just 5 of them. Then he said I'm joking you guys are all good
  9.    #29  
    Had a little too much fun last night so I didn't get down until 8:30 or 9 or so. Still got both phones with not too much wait. Posting from it now
  10. #30  
    Anyone get theirs at the Catonsville (Westview Mall) store? How many did they have?
  11. #31  
    The posted lists seemed accurate. I went to the Best Buy in Glen Burnie, and they did indeed have 8 on hand, just like the list said.

    I'm trying to find out now which Best Buy will have the most when the new shipments start arriving.
  12. #32  
    GB Best Buy and Laurel BB list having Pre's in stock
  13. #33  
    I called up Glen Burnie, and they said they did not have any. In fact, they said it would be a month before they got any.

    Do I believe them or not?
  14. #34  
    OK, I got my name on the waiting list at the Sprint store at Dobbin Center.
    Yes, I know it will be about three months before I get my refund.
    The store said there was about 80 people ahead of me, and it would be "about a week" before I could expect my phone. And when I get my notification, I have 48 hours to pick it up.
  15. #35  
    I put my name on the list at the Catonsville store. I'm #48. Asst Mgr gave me a 3-day wait est.
  16. #36  
    If anyone is still looking the columbia mall currently has five in stock.
  17. #37  
    Now he tells me. I'm locked into Dobbin center. Phooey.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrath View Post
    Now he tells me. I'm locked into Dobbin center. Phooey.
    Just to let you know, from what I hear, the Columbia Mall location is putting people on the "waitlist" just to call and say they are in. They turned the "waitlist" into a "call-list". When you're on the call-list you will be the first ones to know when the Pre is in stock, but does not guarantee you a phone, you need to come to the store and hope they have one by the time you come in. Best thing to do is just call from 12pm -3pm, as that's when they get there shipments.
  19. #39  
    I picked up my Pre on launch date at the Best Buy on Campbell Blvd in Whitemarsh. I was surprised to get there at 8am and be the 2nd person in line.
  20. #40  
    Heads-up on the Catonsville store: when I picked up my Pre last week, the rep that set up my service added insurance (TEP) without ever asking if I wanted it. I saw it on my account online this week and deleted it.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions