Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok, I'm a Palm AND a Sprint newb. I've seen posts here and there about 15% discounts, 25% discounts, student discounts, special group discounts, new account discounts, etc...

Can someone please explain (in clear English and with minimal sarcasm) what discounts are out there and to whom are they available?

Are there any last minute groups someone can join to take advantage of some of these?
    There are many discounts depending on who you work for. Lots of companies have deals set up that are not always advertised. If you don't qualify for any of those there is supposedly a pretty easy one to get by telling them you use a credit union. I do use a credit union but I get a better discount for my employer (15%).

Check it out here: Sprint | Employer Discounts

edit: Also you don't need anything last minute. I've been a customer for 6 or 7 years and just found out about the discount and had it applied.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodie8307 View Post
    Are there any last minute groups someone can join to take advantage of some of these?
    In another thread, somebody suggested Alliant Credit Union for 25%, and the national PTA ($25/year, but you only need one year to qualify forever with Alliant) to become an Alliant member.

Application for the PTA (surprisingly buried in a Google search):
    https://www.pta.org/ssl/natmem.asp

Application for Alliant Credit Union:
    https://secure.andera.com/index.cfm?...onalCode=ACU01
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by CannonFodder View Post
    Try this link:

Palm Pre Plan Choices Inside Sprint Now
    Cool. So how does one know what companies provide NVP/Employer discounts?

And just out of curiosity's sake... how does Sprint confirm you're actually employed there?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    There are many discounts depending on who you work for. Lots of companies have deals set up that are not always advertised. If you don't qualify for any of those there is supposedly a pretty easy one to get by telling them you use a credit union. I do use a credit union but I get a better discount for my employer (15%).

Check it out here: Sprint | Employer Discounts

edit: Also you don't need anything last minute. I've been a customer for 6 or 7 years and just found out about the discount and had it applied.
    Thanks for the link, but what if you're going to be a new customer? I'm currently with Verizon so I don't have any account information to provide.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Remember to verify the discount with Sprint. All of the discount programs I have seen exclude the $99 Simply Everything Plan. Just verify before you buy.
    Brodie, I sent you a PM.
    I didn't even sign up for the $25/year PTA membership for the 25% off from alliance credit union. I just called and told them the code XXXXX and was told to give that to them from a representative of that credit union. They didn't even ask any questions and just applied it to my account. I already got the confirmation email that the 25% discount is now applied to my account. They really can't verify your bank information.

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by palandri; 06/03/2009 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Don't encourage dishonesty
    Quote Originally Posted by bballintom22 View Post
    I didn't even sign up for the $25/year PTA membership for the 25% off from alliance credit union. I just called and told them the code XXXXX and was told to give that to them from a representative of that credit union. They didn't even ask any questions and just applied it to my account. I already got the confirmation email that the 25% discount is now applied to my account. They really can't verify your bank information.

Hope that helps!
    This is what I did and it worked also. It's cheaper than the Everything Plus plans.
    Last edited by palandri; 06/03/2009 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Don't encourage dishonesty
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I've actually been looking for a solution to getting a discount + palm pre on June 6th...

so, this credit union discount can be applied after I sign up in a Sprint store? and can be applied to the Everything Data plan?

This looks like it might be the way to go. If this works out, I will be one happy camper
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    I've actually been looking for a solution to getting a discount + palm pre on June 6th...

so, this credit union discount can be applied after I sign up in a Sprint store? and can be applied to the Everything Data plan?

This looks like it might be the way to go. If this works out, I will be one happy camper
    Yes, give them the code when you sign up. The downside is, it can take 1 or 2 billing cycles before it gets applied.
    Here is link to the Sprint website that allows you to type in your work email address and tells you if you get a employer discount. If you don't you can still get a $50 credit for starting a new line of service... Sprint | Employer Discounts: Submit Email
  14. joelpalm
    You can be a member of a local PTA to qualify for Alliant as well, that is how I did it, and my local PTA has no dues, so it's essentially a free 25% discount. Also, check into a savings account, their interest rates are better than Bank of America's CDs, so I opened a savings and setup a direct deposit.
    Has anyone tired, or is it even possible, to apply the 25% off Credit Union Code on the 1000 min 79.99 EPRP??
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    This is what I did and it worked also. It's cheaper than the Everything Plus plans.
    Thanks guys. Glad to see this technique works.

If Sprint is this willing to give discounts, it's obvious they're ripping people off with the regular rates.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by CJDynasty View Post
    Has anyone tired, or is it even possible, to apply the 25% off Credit Union Code on the 1000 min 79.99 EPRP??
    According to the chart in CannonFodder's link, these discounts do not apply to EPRP plans.

You can get 1000 minutes with EPRP for $79.99 or
    You can get 900 minutes with Everything Data -25% for $67.49

I don't talk that much so I plan on getting the 450 E.Data plan for cheaper than what I pay Verizon now.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Thanks guys. Glad to see this technique works.

If Sprint is this willing to give discounts, it's obvious they're ripping people off with the regular rates.
    No, it means that the company that gets the discount has an exclusive agreement to purchase their wireless services from Sprint. It's a company's reward to giving Sprint a SIGNIFICANT amount of business.

Your ARPU is peanuts compared to most of these businesses.

And Sprints prices are the best in the industry....

I'm glad to see that you justify your illegal behavior so easily.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Just tried that code that the mods seem to be taking down and the nice Sprint CS woman just applied it to my account. The only thing is that i was told you cant have more than 1 discount applied to the account and that the discount wont apply immediately .... i was told next billing cycle.
    According to the chart in CannonFodder's link, these discounts do not apply to EPRP plans.

You can get 1000 minutes with EPRP for $79.99 or
    You can get 900 minutes with Everything Data -25% for $67.49

I don't talk that much so I plan on getting the 450 E.Data plan for cheaper than what I pay Verizon now.
    Humm... $10 for 100 mins? or $79.99 for 1000 mins or 99.99 for Unlimite mins?? Decisions decisions...** I currently have 1250 Sero and on average I use about a lil under 1100 mins for the past 4 billing cycles.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast