Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by linkofhyrule007 View Post
    Hey guys.. the Alliant thing, if I sign up and don't end up using it for anything, will it have any negative effect on me, or will it be a good little inactive bank account and never bother me? You know, having the account just sitting around.. I don't know what could happen lol, but I just want to be sure. We already get a 15% discount for teachers, but 25% would be even nicer for just $25. Oh and why sign up for the PTA? The Alliant application doesn't say anything about it?
    well, when you apply it asks what qualifying organization you belong to, and you select 'National PTA.' It doesn't require you to enter in any information, but the terms and agreements state that they might check to ensure you are eligible to join Alliant. So just to be on the safe side, it's worth $25 to join.

also, I don't know if there is anything wrong with having an idle bank account, but honestly, I would go ahead and use it. the interest rate is much higher than any savings account I've ever had.
  2. joelpalm
    Hey guys.. the Alliant thing, if I sign up and don't end up using it for anything, will it have any negative effect on me, or will it be a good little inactive bank account and never bother me? You know, having the account just sitting around.. I don't know what could happen lol, but I just want to be sure. We already get a 15% discount for teachers, but 25% would be even nicer for just $25. Oh and why sign up for the PTA? The Alliant application doesn't say anything about it?
    You sign up for the PTA if you want to be ethical and not hear crap from other members and whatnot. My advice for an Alliant account, $5 is great but draws no interest, throw $95 of your own money in there and save it for a rainy day. $100 is the average monthly minimum to collect interest on their savings account.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    well, when you apply it asks what qualifying organization you belong to, and you select 'National PTA.' It doesn't require you to enter in any information, but the terms and agreements state that they might check to ensure you are eligible to join Alliant. So just to be on the safe side, it's worth $25 to join.

also, I don't know if there is anything wrong with having an idle bank account, but honestly, I would go ahead and use it. the interest rate is much higher than any savings account I've ever had.
    It even says "Local PTA" which pretty much means if you have a kid in school, you qualify At least that's my interpretation.
    Ok, makes sense to me now, thanks guys

It's gonna be veeery nice getting the Everything Data Plan for a dollar more than I'm paying now for barely any minutes and unlimited texting.. I <3 Sprint, haha.
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    i thought it was funny that my @mci.com email got me a discount with sprint, since mci no longer exists (now verizon business) fine by me though
    http://phwelo.mobi
    for any questions or to send a donation: phwelo@gmail.com
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Ok, makes sense to me now, thanks guys

It's gonna be veeery nice getting the Everything Data Plan for a dollar more than I'm paying now for barely any minutes and unlimited texting.. I <3 Sprint, haha.
    same here. I will be getting over double the minutes, plus unlimited internet (an ALL 4 phones!), gps, and nights and weekends at 7, all for $7.50 more than what I currently pay for at&t with no internet!

I don't care if the pre sucks. the fact I can browse the net anywhere I want for that cheap blows my mind.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I probably missed this, so feel free to berate me for being a complete *****, but if I'm a new customer, can I apply the discount code in store? On the Alliant page, it says it should be applied online or via the phone, so if anyone can confirm that in-store reps can also apply the code, that would be great. Is it recommended to first sign up over the phone and then go to the store tomorrow with the new plan? Thanks in advance for the help!
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    In response to my own post, I went to a local store, and at first they were confused. Their representative said that at the moment, no credit unions received any discounts. I begged to differ, so they said to print out the offer page from the credit union and show it to them when I come back tomorrow. They claim it will take 2 months for the 25% discount to be applied, but I think after I sign up for the account, I'll call a rep like some others in this thread have done for immediate savings. Just thought I'd share since it seems like there are still a couple new-to-sprint members here...
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by l1fe View Post
    In response to my own post, I went to a local store, and at first they were confused. Their representative said that at the moment, no credit unions received any discounts. I begged to differ, so they said to print out the offer page from the credit union and show it to them when I come back tomorrow. They claim it will take 2 months for the 25% discount to be applied, but I think after I sign up for the account, I'll call a rep like some others in this thread have done for immediate savings. Just thought I'd share since it seems like there are still a couple new-to-sprint members here...
    The knowledge of an employee at a Sprint store can vary greatly. Don't even bother with Customer Service.

So I would either talk to ecare or retentions (they are better trained) in getting the discount applied. To get to retentions, dial *2, select the option to change your service. The next menu will give you an option to disconnect your service. Then you should be connected with a retentions rep.
    Quote Originally Posted by sheltem View Post
    So I would either talk to ecare or retentions (they are better trained) in getting the discount applied.
    I emailed eCare. They applied it and said it would show up on my next bill. None of that 2-month BS they normally tell you @ the store or over the phone. It can be done!
    Is the Alliant CU discount only available for those who live in Chicago?
    Global Posts
    493 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andddlay View Post
    Is the Alliant CU discount only available for those who live in Chicago?
    Good question, I'd like to hear if any non Illinois peeps were able to join Alliant.
    Alliant works fine in Georgia too!
    doesn't matter where you live...im in ks
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Just signed up with Alliant CU and I have to wait 3-5 days for a rep to call me, must of answered one of the questions wrong. I guess I can still switch my 3 line Sero account over to a regular Everything Data Family plan and then get the 25% discount when I'm approved.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    I don't get it, I'm trying to sign up and Sprint doesn't seem to understand that I have an account with Alliant, they keep asking me for my supervisor's name and work email, and this is the eCare AFTER I tell them that it's not an employee discount. Can you actually sign up on the internet somehow, because Sprint customer service obviously hasn't improved as much as I'd hoped?
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Please send or pm me the credit union code......TIA
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234