Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I belong to Credit Union ONE, does that count as being in the Alliant Credit Union, or is that a totally different bank?
  2. joelpalm
    Totally different. Like belonging to Bank of America and wondering if you get Citibanks discount.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Honor and ethics are something I take pride in. You can choose to live your life how you see fit, but I will continue to encourage people to do the right thing. Lying, cheating, and stealing (in any form) bothers me. The lemming approach ("well...everyone's doing it...") is merely an excuse.

The fact that you feel the need to mock someone you don't know speaks to your character.

Like I said to camiller, enjoy your Pre.... and I'm glad I don't know you guys in real life.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Quote Originally Posted by andddlay View Post
    I belong to Credit Union ONE, does that count as being in the Alliant Credit Union, or is that a totally different bank?
    yah sorry man, totally diff. You qualify for the 10% discount for being in any credit union and want to play by the rules. If you want the one that is being called immoral if you don't have an account, then just google "alliant credit union + sprint" and i'm sure you're bound to find something
    well akula, as my wise mother would say, who the hell died and made you boss?

I am receiving a discount from Sprint for a company that I no longer work for. I TOLD them that I didn't work there anymore and they said they would let me keep the discount since it was more than the one I would receive for the new company that I work for. It seems to me that they don't have a big problem with it.

So simmah down nah!
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    Honor and ethics are something I take pride in. You can choose to live your life how you see fit, but I will continue to encourage people to do the right thing. Lying, cheating, and stealing (in any form) bothers me. The lemming approach ("well...everyone's doing it...") is merely an excuse.

The fact that you feel the need to mock someone you don't know speaks to your character.

Like I said to camiller, enjoy your Pre.... and I'm glad I don't know you guys in real life.
    hallelujah! i'll see you in church come sunday!
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    wow.

i can get that 25% off with the alliance thing then.

what i just did:
    i was on sero 1250. i went onto the sprint chat thing. asked to upgrade my plan to the everything plus 500. he said he could do it so i said go ahead. he did what he did, came back and said im all set. he didnt mention till i asked, he couldnt switch me to the EPRP but he switched me to the REGULAR everything data 450 and added 400 free minutes to it. I asked him about the 59.99 for EPRP and the 69.99 for DATA and he assured me that i would only be paying 59.99.

Soooo...since i now have the regular everythign data, i'm thinking maybe i can add this 25% off to it.

Is my my line of thinking correct? can i get this additional discount even when they are discounting the regular plan(i'm assuming through monthly service credits cuz it shows up at 69.99 on my online plan details)
    yeah you should be able to add this discount to the regular 69.99 plan in addition to whatever bonus he gave you. It doesn't fall under the plans that are unable to have the discount which are the SERO, ERP, and $99 SIMPLY EVERYTHING PLAN (or so you're not supposed to anymore)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodie8307 View Post
    Ok, I'm a Palm AND a Sprint newb. I've seen posts here and there about 15% discounts, 25% discounts, student discounts, special group discounts, new account discounts, etc...

Can someone please explain (in clear English and with minimal sarcasm) what discounts are out there and to whom are they available?

Are there any last minute groups someone can join to take advantage of some of these?
    I posted a thread on this and how to get a cheap plan for current Sprint customers but it was moved for some reason. Anyway take a look at this:

http://forums.precentral.net/cdma-no...pre-cheap.html
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Kudos to akula! As for the other guys it seems to me that unscrupulous practice has become their norm and they are proud of it. Justice will be served one way or another.
    Global Posts
    493 Global Posts
    Hi All,

Great info on this thread. Does anyone know if Sprint offers student discounts? My GF is a student at Fordham Law School and ATT gives us a 18% discount. I hope Sprint has something similar?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    damn

i lucked out.

i'm paying about 42.50 a month for 850 anytime minutes(after discounts) for the Everything Data 450 plan.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rhewitt View Post
    In another thread, somebody suggested Alliant Credit Union for 25%, and the national PTA ($25/year, but you only need one year to qualify forever with Alliant) to become an Alliant member.

Application for the PTA (surprisingly buried in a Google search):

Application for Alliant Credit Union:
    awesome! I am now a member of the Alliant Credit Union (and the National PTA..lol). I can't wait to get my 25% discount . Does anyone know if they can apply this in-store when I sign up?

also...that credit union rocks! I've never been a member of one before, but their interest rates are amazing!
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    yeah i'm also a member of both too haha

i think i saw that Alliant Credit union gives you your credit score for free too! nice
    No, it means that the company that gets the discount has an exclusive agreement to purchase their wireless services from Sprint. It's a company's reward to giving Sprint a SIGNIFICANT amount of business.

Your ARPU is peanuts compared to most of these businesses.

And Sprints prices are the best in the industry....

I'm glad to see that you justify your illegal behavior so easily.
    Firstly the behavior outlined is not illegal. You would need to show some successfully prosecuted case law to assert that.

Secondly you completely misconstrue what these discounts are. They are marketing tools. You are wrong and they OBVIOUSLY don't come from "exclusive agreement to purchase wireless service form Sprint" since you can get a Sprint discount for being an ATT wireless employee!

Is Sprint the exclusive provider of wireless services to ATT wireless?

The benefit Sprint gets from offering these discounts is word of mouth and sometimes (but not always) other internal marketing promotion by the company to Save Sprint marketing costs. Sprint loses none of those benefits when the discount is spread to others.

Sprint itself has obviously actively pushed its limited discount system to people outside the claimed sphere.

Look at the SERO program. That became a viral marketing where Sprint executives posted their own emails in the net to get customers. They did it with SERO and they are doing it with the new referral program.

The customers are actually doing what Sprint encourages.

Honor and ethics my left foot. Why do you feel the need to preach ethics in multiple threads yet you seem to have no problem with one forum members reference to a 'hack' that can be used to get a discount applied? I pointed out your hypocracy in this thread as well. I guess it's OK for YOU to do if you call it a 'hack' and not a 'lie'.

Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    There is a hack to get a discount on them but it is unknown if it will stick at this time.
    A hack? Are you serious...?? Someone's given you stellar information... keep passing it on....:cool:
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wirelessness View Post
    Honor and ethics my left foot. Why do you feel the need to preach ethics in multiple threads yet you seem to have no problem with one forum members reference to a 'hack' that can be used to get a discount applied? I pointed out your hypocracy in this thread as well. I guess it's OK for YOU to do if you call it a 'hack' and not a 'lie'.
    haha!! wow i can't waaaaait to see what his response is for that!
    Global Posts
    493 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chr1sny View Post
    Hi All,

Great info on this thread. Does anyone know if Sprint offers student discounts? My GF is a student at Fordham Law School and ATT gives us a 18% discount. I hope Sprint has something similar?
    Hey all,

just wondering if anyone could shed some light on any possible student discounts? I've searched through google but couldn't really find anything current or definitive.
    Quote Originally Posted by chr1sny View Post
    Hey all,

just wondering if anyone could shed some light on any possible student discounts? I've searched through google but couldn't really find anything current or definitive.
    Enter your school email here: Sprint | Employer Discounts: Submit Email
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Hey guys.. the Alliant thing, if I sign up and don't end up using it for anything, will it have any negative effect on me, or will it be a good little inactive bank account and never bother me? You know, having the account just sitting around.. I don't know what could happen lol, but I just want to be sure. We already get a 15% discount for teachers, but 25% would be even nicer for just $25. Oh and why sign up for the PTA? The Alliant application doesn't say anything about it?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast