Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    No, it means that the company that gets the discount has an exclusive agreement to purchase their wireless services from Sprint. It's a company's reward to giving Sprint a SIGNIFICANT amount of business.

Your ARPU is peanuts compared to most of these businesses.

And Sprints prices are the best in the industry....

I'm glad to see that you justify your illegal behavior so easily.
    If these were strictly EMPLOYEE discounts, I would agree. But considering they offer it to employees' family members who have no affiliation with the company, where do you draw the line? Spouses? Children? Parents? Cousins? Second cousins? Great Aunts?

Sure it's unscrupulous, but I'm sure if Sprint wanted to limit proliferation they could. They obviously don't care, so why should I?

(And please don't compare it stealing - it is what it is, a discount on a service)
    Last edited by Brodie8307; 06/03/2009 at 12:40 PM.
  2. joelpalm
    You should get the Everything Data 450 plan. Nice plan for the price.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    so... this credit union seems deal to be the way to go. So do all credit unions work? I don't really feel like signing up for that alliant one online.. I can get a credit union through my school, but how do I know if that will work?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodie8307 View Post
    If these were strictly EMPLOYEE discounts, I would agree. But considering they offer it to employees' family members who have no affiliation with the company, where do you draw the line? Spouses? Children? Parents? Cousins? Second cousins? Great Aunts?

Sure it's unscrupulous, but I'm sure if Sprint wanted to limit proliferation they could. They obviously don't care, so why should I?

(And please don't compare it stealing - it is what it is, a discount on a service)
    It's called fraud. Misrepresentation of one's employment status to receive a discount the individual is not entitled to. It's illegal, however you choose to define it.

Your laisez-faire moral stance is impressive. I hope when you have kids, you let someone else teach them ethics.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Does anybody have the EXACT details of the everything data plan for 900 mins ? I cant seem to find it on sprint's website.
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34
    Your laisez-faire moral stance is impressive. I hope when you have kids, you let someone else teach them ethics.
    Given that Alliant...
    • Publicizes the discount code on a part of their website
    • Provides a open link to the special Alliant sprint online store
    • Neither of which require a signin and is easily findable by google
    • And is not just for employees but also for members
    • And just about anyone could become a member

And
    • If Sprint really cared they would do verification of employment/membership.

I don't think I'd have any problem sleeping at night.

Besides, I consider it unethical to sell the same product/service to different people for different prices, yes it is legal but IMHO unethical.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by camiller View Post
    Given that Alliant...
    • Publicizes the discount code on a part of their website
    • Provides a open link to the special Alliant sprint online store
    • Neither of which require a signin and is easily findable by google
    • And is not just for employees but also for members
    • And just about anyone could become a member

And
    • If Sprint really cared they would do verification of employment/membership.

I don't think I'd have any problem sleeping at night.

Besides, I consider it unethical to sell the same product/service to different people for different prices, yes it is legal but IMHO unethical.
    You are correct, MEMBERS of Alliant are entitled to the discount. If you're not a member, you're NOT. It's black and white. Suggesting that people use the code otherwise is called fraud. You're defrauding Sprint from their earnings.

Moral relativism and the victim mentality are a dangerous combination. If I ventured a guess, I'd peg you between 18-23. How close was I? The air of entitlement in your posts suggest you still have some life lessons to learn.

Enjoy your Pre and I hope we never live in the same neighborhood.
  8. joelpalm
    Quote Originally Posted by CJDynasty View Post
    Does anybody have the EXACT details of the everything data plan for 900 mins ? I cant seem to find it on sprint's website.
    Um it is VERY clearly on sprints website. Click on plans. Then Individual, under there it's listed as "Everything Data"

Akula is right, hell Alliant even gives you $5 for free, just keep the account open the minimum length of time, get $5 free, and you can appease the God of all that is moral, Akula. Applying took me a whole 7 minutes. I get 23% off through work, but I am greedy. But moral.
    I also did the Alliant thing. They actually offer great rates so I wasn't upset about switching to them since HSBC has been dropping their Online Savings rates like a rock every month.

I was amused when Sprint gave me the discount without ever verifying my membership status with Alliant. I realized I could've avoided the whole problem and just lied, but I would prefer not to cheat Sprint or Alliant, since both of them are offering a product at a great value in my mind. Frugal but honest here.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    It's not so hard to do the right thing.... ;o)
    I signed up for Alliant a few weeks ago. I signed up for National PTA to join and I even put in some money in the bank account since they will be saving me lots of money. Looking at their online member tools and such, they have a pretty nice system. The discount got me in as a member and is also saving me money. A win-win for both sides. I'll definitely look more at them for future banking needs that I may have. Thanks Alliant!
  12. joelpalm
    It's not so hard to do the right thing.... ;o)
    No it's not, but I was actually applying for the account over my phone while driving to work and I hit 2 kids that were crossing the street while I applied. Luckily they were young and didn't know how to take down a license number so I just took off. No biggie.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I have been a member of Alliant since they were the United Airlines Credit Union, and they are actually a pretty good credit union. Get a lot better interest than most people I know. They don't really like cash, and most ATM's charge you a fee, but I guess that is why they are called a credit union. Overall pleased with them and was even more pleased when I found out I was eligible for a 25 percent discount since I have to switch over from SERO for the Pre
  14. joelpalm
    Well, seeing as how you have contributed so much to the community, here it is:

L2Google
    Quote Originally Posted by damanj23 View Post
    They don't really like cash, and most ATM's charge you a fee, but I guess that is why they are called a credit union.
    I'm pretty sure that they have a form on their website that you can fill out and they will reimburse you for the ATM fees.
    You are correct, MEMBERS of Alliant are entitled to the discount. If you're not a member, you're NOT. It's black and white. Suggesting that people use the code otherwise is called fraud. You're defrauding Sprint from their earnings.

Moral relativism and the victim mentality are a dangerous combination. If I ventured a guess, I'd peg you between 18-23. How close was I? The air of entitlement in your posts suggest you still have some life lessons to learn.

Way off. 2-2.5 decades. The point is, I doubt Sprint or Alliant care. If Sprint has the choice of me staying with Verizon with my employers discount or letting me take the Alliant discount to move over to Sprint they would probably let me have the discount.

As far as living in the same neighborhood... I'm the guy who steps out and looks up and down the block every night before bed time and calls the neighbors if they forgot and left their garage door open. If you blew out your knee at work I'd be the guy mowing your lawn or running the snowthrower in your driveway without being asked. I'd likely be the best neighbor you ever had.
    I signed up with Alliant a few weeks ago. Been pleased with online service and ease of deposit/withdrawal. BEST part is they are paying 2 1/2 percent for federally insured savings accounts - which is extraordinarily good.

I'm sure the punks don't care because they don't have any savings.. but for the rest of us that don't blow our paychecks on text messaging plans - I highly recommend Alliant.

Hmm, now I need to get the discount on my new everthing data family plan.
    I have asked Sprint how it works with getting a corporate discount on a family/group plan. They just said it has to be the account holder/billing name on the account and it applies to everyone on the plan.

WOW! I just don't get why every forum I go to when we post information to help our fellow man out, there's always gotta be that person to point out the morals and ethics yada yada. Seriously, do you follow everything by the book? I know that this is wrong, yes it hurts the company financially albeit a small number. Does it make you sleep better at night though to point out these things? does it make you feel like you're a better person b/c of it? Hate to break it to you but by you changing one person, it isn't going to change the rest of the world's mindset on these things. Sorry but that's the truth and it isn't going to change. I'm sure my attitude towards it won't help but trust me there are millions of people who think the same way.
  20. joelpalm
    What? You can't tell people how to run their lives on a forum and expect to save the world? Blasphemy!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast