1.    #1  
    I saw a chart that said the Pre's screen was 3.1" diagonally. I saw a post in which someone said that he'd notice and miss the difference between a 3.1" Pre screen and a 3.5" iPhone screen.

I've been wondering, though: The Pre's notification area is part of the screen. If not for that, how big would the screen be?

Now, maybe that area IS counted, but simply seems to be a separate area, once notifications pop up and the rest of the screen display is resized.

And, of course, there's the gesture area, but it may not be fair to count this, since it never displays text or images.

Hm. This sounded more worthwhile before I typed it. Oh well. My interest in the topic was due to the comparisons between the Pre's screen size and that of the iPhone (or other touchscreen devices). It doesn't seem quite fair to say that the iPhone's screen is larger if it is ONLY larger because Palm dedicated part of the screen to useful, unintrusive elements.

Your thoughts?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    The screen is 3.1 inches. The Notification area is part of that 3.1 inches when you have notifications, but the gesture area is a separate area below the screen (not part of the 3.1 inches).

BTW, don't buy one of the 3rd party hard shell cases available now. When you put them on they cover the gesture area making them useless!
    Hey, anyone know how much of the iPhone's screen is actually usable with the keyboard up on the screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by CannonFodder View Post
    Hey, anyone know how much of the iPhone's screen is actually usable with the keyboard up on the screen?
    You're kidding right? You do know the keyboard is not an on-screen keyboard but a physical one so it doesn't cover any of the screen. Am I misunderstanding or was that a (bad) joke?
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    You're kidding right? You do know the keyboard is not an on-screen keyboard but a physical one so it doesn't cover any of the screen. Am I misunderstanding or was that a (bad) joke?
    He said "iPhone", not "Pre".
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Dude - read the post again.
    I think you misunderstood him . . . he was asking how much of the screen is taken up by the onscreen keyboard on the iPhone, not the Palm Pre.

To answer the iPhone question somewhere between 1/3 to 1/2 of the screen in portrait and about 1/2 if not more in landscape
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    He said "iPhone", not "Pre".
    Yep, you're right. My bad. Thanks.