Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I went by my Best Buy today and they guy showed me a plastic demo model and this phone feels so small next to my centro.
    like an egg small?
    Maybe there needs to be a picture of the phone next to a deck of cards.
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    I don't care about the size of the device itself, only the screen size. I hope the screen doesn't look too small.
    Just use this to get an idea:

Palm Pre Size Compare (Phone Arena)

With that you can even see it next to a deck of cards.

Not much different in size to my blackberry curve.
  6.    #6  
    the thing is that that comparison does nothign because its the thickest and the longest sides but the phone is round so really on the edges its extremelly thin.
    Pre next to Treo, Centro, and G1, and iPhone: (remove spaces)

www . youtube . com /watch?v=_6rlU5RAPCQ
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post

just plugged next to my centro. small! neat tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brqndon View Post
    Pre next to Treo, Centro, and G1, and iPhone: (remove spaces)

www . youtube . com /watch?v=_6rlU5RAPCQ

iphone looks huge.
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts

Thank you for this... it looks like my guess was right. The screen height is about exactly the same as the blackberry storm, just shorter in width. I can live with that size.
    Yeah i went to best buy the other day and they had a palm pre dummy phone on display. I agree it is alot smaller in person. But to me that's a good thing. I tried to type on the keyboard and i can type fine and yeah it is small but i know i'll be able to get used to it. But one thing i did do was compare the Pre to the Curve keyboard and to be honest it's around the same size as the Curve but just a bit more compressed. Curves kb seems to be more spaced out. But all in all i think i will be fine with the size of the phone and keyboard.
    My son has a BB curve and I have a 700p. He stated he liked my keys, because they were raised so you can hit the key w/o finger nail even though they are closer together on the P. Are the keys raised on the Pre?
    I really want to see it before I jump to buy it. Really, the screen is 3.1" and that is a pretty good size as it is bigger than the 2.8" I currently have on my Touch Pro. But that kb is small too. One way I think you can also visualize the screen - if you have a iPhone or iPod Touch - the Pre's screen looks to be about the of the iPhone screen less the bottom part where the favorite buttons on the home screen are located.

But at this point, what alternative do we have?
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    I think it will be like baby bears porridge, just right!
    So without the keyboard out, it's the about size of a 755p minus the 755p keyboard. So I'm guessing with the keyboard extended it'll be slightly larger than the 755p. Which is what I gathered it was.
    --Nextel Blackberry 7520 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Treo 755p -> Sprint Pre
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I would have love a screen 3.5 or bigger. Bet you other webos devices will eventually have them.
    Yep, the Centro was a huge shock for me coming from my LARGE 700p. I know the Pre is even smaller than the Centro (Which is a good thing IMO).

@bdhu2001: Yes, the keys are raised like the 7xx.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  18.    #18  
    They could have perfectly made it with a 3.5 screen as its really small right now, which is good I guess.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts

Wow, my 700p looks like a monster compared to the Pre.

Awesome link. Thanks

Can't wait!
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē

Awesome link. The Pre is almost IDENTICAL in size to my former HTC Touch, so I'm sure the size will be just right
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast