Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by f1nzup View Post
    I got to play with one yesterday, and I think it's the perfect size. I was at a concert on Saturday and this girl in front of me had an iphone, and it was HUGE. I had never really seen one up close, but she couldn't fit it in her pocket. She had to carry it. Thank you, but I would rather not carry around a brick all day.

The Pre feels perfect in my hand, and the screen is just the right size. Once you zoom in on what you actually want to see, it will be plenty big enough.
    Oooh most of us are not complaining by the size, I'm just amazed by how small it is. I would preffer for it to have a 3.5 inch screen and be bigger but deffinatelly loving the size of the phone.
    What was good for me was the iPod Classic comparison. I have always thought the iPod Classic would make a great phone in size - and the Pre is virtually the same dimensions as the iPod Classic.

Also - I have a TP now that I like overall but it is WM - the extra screen size will be nice. I am still worried about the keyboard!
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
  3.    #43  
    Compared to the Centro the keyboard is awsome. Just my 2 cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Either this guy is 6'10" or this thing is substantially smaller in hand than I thought it was. SWEET!
    Is it strange that my wife refers to herself as a "Treo widow"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dijon View Post
    Either this guy is 6'10" or this thing is substantially smaller in hand than I thought it was. SWEET!
    Yep, finally a Palm the size of a Zire21 again.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Just got my hands on a dummy one at Best Buy. It's bizarre, but it's both bigger AND smaller than I thought it would be. Felt good in the hand, tho.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    I was at a concert on Saturday and this girl in front of me had an iphone, and it was HUGE. I had never really seen one up close, but she couldn't fit it in her pocket. She had to carry it. Thank you, but I would rather not carry around a brick all day.
    The only people who can't fit an iPhone in their pocket are little girls and male strippers. I'm sure the Pre's contour makes it more pocketable but the iPhone is far from being a brick.

The Pre feels perfect in my hand, and the screen is just the right size. Once you zoom in on what you actually want to see, it will be plenty big enough.
    As for screens. I carry an HTC Touch Pro and a disabled iPhone that I use as an iPod/GameBoy and one thing I learned is that you can say a phone is "too big" but there's no such thing as a screen being too big. You'd be amazed at how much screen size enhances the entire browsing experience.

(BTW. Check out the glass on the iPhone. It was severely crushed on a massive tumble yet still works perfectly.)
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Well if the Pre offers a good browsing experience, it seems that much more likely that Apple could have a smaller form factor (iPhone Nano) device coming.
    check it out:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Threads long past, return!
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by CJDynasty View Post
    WOW, this thing will get lost in my hands!
    blimy, that does look small. ACE. I want one even more now.

I don't like the slab like format of the iphone so much.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123